Hoshor Plains ~East to West~
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
285 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
It wasn't as though their conversation had been lighthearted in the first place, but it turned abruptly serious. Valiant's tail stopped wagging, if only because her tone seemed to require his full focus.

And Raindrop was right. The world kept on spinning even while Valiant had felt frozen in place. He wondered at what sort of things had kept Raindrop on the road for so long, but now didn't seem like the time to get into it. Instead, he was willing to accept that she was speaking from a place similar to his own.

"Me too," he said, giving her a brief squeeze in return. He felt sorry, suddenly, that they hadn't spent more time together while everyone was gathered. He hadn't known her all that long, but he had the idea that he might miss her kindred spirit when it was time to part. With this feeling, he had to remind himself that they wouldn't have to say farewell forever at the end.

"I think this is gonna be real good," he said, laying to rest some of his last reservations — for the moment, at least. "You're gonna do great at Moontide. Although I guess you better learn how to fish, if you don't know already."

He had to lighten the mood. He didn't feel too awkward talking to Raindrop about these things, but they weren't topics he liked to visit with regularity. Valiant thought he could do with giving his emotions a rest.
live and die on this day,
live and die on this day
Messages In This Thread
~East to West~ - by Raindrop - January 09, 2024, 02:02 PM
RE: ~East to West~ - by Valiant - January 09, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: ~East to West~ - by Raindrop - January 09, 2024, 03:18 PM
RE: ~East to West~ - by Valiant - January 09, 2024, 03:26 PM
RE: ~East to West~ - by Raindrop - January 09, 2024, 07:25 PM
RE: ~East to West~ - by Valiant - January 09, 2024, 07:37 PM
RE: ~East to West~ - by Raindrop - January 09, 2024, 07:53 PM
RE: ~East to West~ - by Valiant - January 09, 2024, 08:03 PM
RE: ~East to West~ - by Raindrop - January 09, 2024, 08:22 PM