Redhawk Caldera I thought of just your face, relaxed and floated into space
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He interrupted her in the middle of a bathroom break and Peregrine might have found this funny if not for his dour mood. He managed a smile when Fox pranced over to him and greeted him with a lick. He took a moment to nose her face, careful to avoid direct contact with the gash. Somehow, touching his mate grounded him.

"Dante just came by to tell me to go fuck myself, right after telling me my daughter's been injured," he replied. "It's Junior. I don't even know what happened; he never said. He was too busy telling me I'm not welcome anywhere near the pack I ruled for nearly a year, all without any real explanation. That fucking jack wagon doesn't deserve his station," he seethed, knowing it was all right to let loose in front of her.

"He's barring me from visiting my kids, my sister, my best friend... oh, not to mention her pups when they're born. He said Junior doesn't want to see me, which doesn't really surprise me, but why come here and tell me my kid's injured and no, fuck you, you can't even see her... or anyone else, while we're at it? He not only rejected the idea of an alliance, he basically declared us enemies. And it all came out of fucking nowhere!"

Peregrine discovered he was breathing hard. He stopped and tried to calm himself. It was difficult, though. The only comfort he could find in this moment was his wife's steady silver gaze. Soon, they would be expecting and they would have a litter to rear with the rest of the pack. They were his only family now, which was a painful realization, and Peregrine would forever despise Dante for doing this to him, and so unnecessarily.