Redhawk Caldera I thought of just your face, relaxed and floated into space
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"I will kill him," Peregrine answered, repeating his earlier words albeit with a bit more specificity and malice. His jaw clenched. He had once considered Dante a friend. Hadn't he chosen him for Beta over his own lover as well? He wished he could go back in time and choose Lasher instead. The dynamic between the packs would be so different.

"I told Dante I would never close my borders off to my loved ones, that they would always be welcome." His eyes had fallen to his paws but now they lifted, meeting Fox's. "I don't want to punish them because they have a moron for an Alpha." Peregrine swallowed. He might be able to keep his doors open, yet would anyone even feel comfortable coming by anymore? He felt cut off from the plateau and it was Dante who wielded the bloodied knife.

"That bastard has left me with no choice but to be estranged from my family. But... I have you. And the rest of the pack here. I don't like that Dante's forced my hand and gone about it this way but at least this means I'll stick closer to the caldera. It'll mean a lot less fraternizing outside of the pack. We'll probably be stronger for it," he mused, then sighed, bumping his head against his mate's neck.