Phoenix Maplewood It was inevitable.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Meant to reply sooner, sorry about that! (and good to have you back with Sesi, Karm!)

For once, Nanook was close at hand. The sight of her mother lying sick had cut her to the marrow, and every desire to distance herself fell quickly away. There remained the perpetual fear in being so close to her family, the same anxiety that had driven her away, but stronger was the inexplicable need to be with them now. Nanook knew her mother was dying, and the understanding darkened her world and numbed the storm inside.

Yet Desna's lament brought a shock of clarity, and Nanook clenched her jaw against the wave of disbelief that barred her mind. Within seconds she was on her feet, pushing her way toward her sister and the den where their mother lay. Something inside resisted the news her sister's sorrow spelt. Mama was dying, but she couldn't be dead. Yet one look upon the sombre bodies of Desna and Reek brought her denial to a simmering end.

Mama's scent still flowed from the den, but it was different now, and smothered by the taint of bitter herbs. It took Nanook a moment to register the third body there, but her attention turned from the surprise of Sesi's return when Desna's voice took a turn of sharp irritation. Though Desna directed her rebuke at Sesi, Nanook felt their sting all the same. Her ears slicked back and she froze in her progression. Her uncertain gaze flicked between the trio before she finally averted her eyes to the mouth of mama's den, but that only made her chest pinch tighter.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
It was inevitable. - by Scarlett - January 16, 2016, 07:32 AM
RE: It was inevitable. - by RIP Valette - January 16, 2016, 07:38 AM
RE: It was inevitable. - by Reek - January 18, 2016, 12:04 AM
RE: It was inevitable. - by RIP Valette - January 18, 2016, 05:35 AM
RE: It was inevitable. - by Ukko - January 18, 2016, 07:59 AM
RE: It was inevitable. - by Sesi - January 18, 2016, 09:18 AM
RE: It was inevitable. - by Reek - January 18, 2016, 10:33 AM
RE: It was inevitable. - by Sesi - January 18, 2016, 10:47 AM