Two Rivers Isle And if I don't belong
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
@Burke @Malice gonna be vague about what happened in BW and how she escaped, please reply if you have the time :)

Time was vague. It had been early winter when the strange children and their mother found her. She had no idea how long she'd been held captive nor exactly who had come to see her while held prisoner nor who gave her the fresh scars adorning her body. Liri could only assume she had been held for a month or so, it was the dead of winter now. Snow covered the ground though in some places patches of it had melted away to reveal dead, browned grass and lifeless, muddy earth. 

Liri wasn't sure how she had even come to escape the malevolent wolves, it was all a hazy dream-like blur. Perhaps the tiny voice had taken over for the duration of her time. She remembered living off the rats and the musky cave water; recalled vaguely dark forms coming into her cave and the flash of flangs and warmth of blood. Her own and the blood of her enemies. Perhaps it was in the tiny voice's bloodlust that she had simply walked out of the cave without looking back; maybe it was that same bloodlust-haze that got her over the mountains. Liri would never know. 

She came to in the wilderness, in a copse of forest with the cold snow beneath her feet. It was comforting, it reminded her of home. The sound of a river flowing caused her ears to prick; the Caregiver crept towards the noise. She approached the river cautiously, the wind blowing to her and bringing with it the smell of pack from across the waters. It was not scent marked with blood and viscera like that of her captors' but it was a pack all the same. 

Liri crept into the open, watching cautiously. The tiny voice had been mysteriously quiet since she had regained her own senses and control, it seemed to have no input about this new place. That didn't necessarily make it safe. 

It's the middle of winter, no one wants to take in a new pack member. They'd sooner chase you off, jaws snapping and fangs flashing, than let you in. 

Liri turned to go, caution outweighing hope. This isn't about finding a family like you did with Rosings, look how that fucking turned out. You're here to survive. Suck it up and howl. 

She stopped, squaring her shoulders in determination. I will not give them the satisfaction of killing me. She wouldn't be able to just leave without trying, she would be damned if she would let those bastards win. Taking on a confident but respectful pose, she howled from the far side of the river.

Liri's heart pounded as she waited for someone to respond to her call, the slightest tick in her leg jumping in time to the erratic beat.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
And if I don't belong - by Síff - December 31, 2016, 02:36 AM
RE: And if I don't belong - by Burke - December 31, 2016, 05:26 AM
RE: And if I don't belong - by Síff - December 31, 2016, 10:55 AM
RE: And if I don't belong - by Burke - January 04, 2017, 06:42 AM
RE: And if I don't belong - by Síff - January 05, 2017, 08:32 PM
RE: And if I don't belong - by Burke - January 06, 2017, 01:34 PM
RE: And if I don't belong - by Síff - January 06, 2017, 06:08 PM
RE: And if I don't belong - by Burke - January 06, 2017, 07:06 PM
RE: And if I don't belong - by Síff - January 09, 2017, 03:53 PM