Redhawk Caldera my toes is froze.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Pack Activity 
Surprise packtivity! Round one with me will end on 1/31. GOOD LUCK TEAM!

Finley had been eyeing the slopes above the den for a few days now. The ice and snow had been accumulating, but she had not been able to tell just how quickly, nor how dangerously. She'd glanced at it hours ago, just that day as she was tugging the frozen carcass of a deer into the cave with @Liffey and @Lagan. It had been a difficult job, but Fin knew it would be worth it to have food inside the shelter so they wouldn't have to go all the way out into the snow to forage.

She and the twins had left the deer just a few feet inside the shelter, pressed up against the wall so that it was far enough out to be out of their way, but near enough that they could get to the meat without having to go outside. A job well done, Fin had decided to treat herself to a nap in the puppy pile, pulling her boy @Oriole close for a good snuggle. She was too tired to be fully aware of where the older wolves were at that point, but she didn't particularly mind. She had five babies in her arms. That was good enough for a quick nap.

And a quick nap was all she got.

The vibration on the floor of the cave was the first to bring her out of her sleep. It was slow at first, but enough that she had lifted her head by the time the sound of it pulled her to her feet. She stepped warily towards the entrance to the den as the sound grew louder and louder until it was beating against her eardrums. It was right about then that the small glimmer of light at the far end of the cave disappeared and Finley watched as snow (and Sassafras) came flooding in. With a cry, she stumbled backwards and rushed to push anyone lingering nearby as far back as she could, panic gripping her heart as the rumble continued.

It felt like hours before quiet returned when in all actuality, it was likely only a few minutes. Finley lifted her head to peer towards the cave entrance from her position, huddled over the pups. "Stay back," she warned whoever was around her as she crept forward to look at the damage. A mound of snow and ice littered the once clear opening of the tunnel. Silently, she thanked whatever gods there were in the world that the cave was deep enough into the side of the mountain that they were able to keep away from it. The whelping den would have been completely flooded... So apparently, Raven was the god to thank.

Quietly, she stared until she was certain the wall of snow and ice wasn't going to move again. Only then did her mind begin to reel through what this meant for those now trapped inside the cave...

Messages In This Thread
my toes is froze. - by Finley - January 27, 2017, 12:55 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Towhee - January 27, 2017, 04:30 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Sassafras - January 27, 2017, 08:47 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Lagan - January 28, 2017, 07:30 AM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - January 29, 2017, 05:09 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Finley - February 01, 2017, 10:31 AM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Eljay - February 02, 2017, 06:10 AM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Lagan - February 02, 2017, 09:06 AM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Towhee - February 03, 2017, 01:28 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Sassafras - February 08, 2017, 09:34 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Finley - February 12, 2017, 02:48 PM