Stone Circle It's just a couple pounds, dear
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Though the other spoke of the rocks, something told the naturalist she wasn't getting back to them anytime soon. But the stupor of her study still lingered, and the want to be exploring them instead of talking and, in a last ditch effort to clamber back to where her mind had been, she found herself able only to nod, and to hum a polite, "Yes."

But their ethereal entrapment faded back to reality the longer her company talked, and Nanook resigned to turn more fully toward her, with a defeated sigh and a slight nod to her follow-up. Yes, yes, she was fitting in well enough, good to see a familiar face too. In the shift of her attention, she now found herself considering more how small she felt next to the other's immensity, and the slight girl drew her forepaws together and straightened her spine until she sat as tall and still as she could manage.

To be honest, Nanook couldn't really think of anything worth interrupting her study for, and even Krypton's serious address fell on a blank face. "Oh," she said, and shifted her gaze beyond Krypton to focus on the horizon, to hone her thoughts. Silence passed. Then, with the slightest tip of her head, she said, "Okay. Sure," and gave the slightest lean of her body back toward the stones - but paused with a sideways glance. She bit her lip. "That's it, then?" she asked, in necessity, but hoped the answer was yes.

Certainly an interesting seed to plant. Gain some pounds... a project she would deal with, later... she did feel a bit smaller than the others... it wasn't like she wasn't eating... she did eat, until she was full, or until something more interesting came her way. And sometimes she did forget, but only because there were only so many hours in a day, and the need to unravel the world around her burned deeper than her want or hunger for food.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
It's just a couple pounds, dear - by RIP Krypton - July 21, 2017, 04:12 PM
RE: It's just a couple pounds, dear - by Nanook - July 29, 2017, 05:18 PM
RE: It's just a couple pounds, dear - by RIP Krypton - August 16, 2017, 04:41 PM
RE: It's just a couple pounds, dear - by Nanook - August 21, 2017, 03:51 PM
RE: It's just a couple pounds, dear - by RIP Krypton - August 22, 2017, 07:25 PM
RE: It's just a couple pounds, dear - by Nanook - August 23, 2017, 07:41 PM
RE: It's just a couple pounds, dear - by RIP Krypton - September 23, 2017, 11:01 PM