Blackfeather Woods they call me
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The reason behind her uncertainty brought a frown to his lips, making him want to point out her mother’s title—which he decided against after thinking it over, doubtful that Potema would teach the girl. He did not blame her for her lack of attachment to the children, just as he did not blame Cicero for his role in their creation or them for being born and surviving. For everything that happened, he was sure there was a reason behind it, and so rarely did he question things that were out of his control; the exception to this having been back when he and Scarlett first split apart, for that was something that he could have controlled, as well as something that he still thought about with great regret.

“There may not be any priestesses to teach you,” he noted. “But, if you don’t mind being taught by a priest instead, then I would gladly help you—that is, if you decide that you’d like to become a priestess.” Kove had never had an apprentice, nor had he considered taking one on until right then. Of course, he’d wanted to teach his children when they were young but, to him, that was more his responsibility as a parent than a mentor; none of his children had ever sought him out to learn beneath his guidance. A few were taught the language of the north—their extended family—but that was as far as it’d ever gone. “Even if you’d rather not be a priestess, I will teach you,” he added moments later. “There are many things that you’ll need to learn in order to survive.” Unless if she wanted to die—something he didn’t consider the possibility of.

After hearing her name, he nodded. Maegi—it seemed fitting, both for her and the woods itself. A beat later, he said, “It’s nice to meet you, Maegi.” And then came her request, which surprised him. “Why do you want to learn that prayer?” asked the Inuk. “Do you know what it’s for?” He had no problem with teaching her, though he was curious about why she wanted that prayer specifically—or, perhaps, that was the only one she knew and she wanted to learn it just because of that. Reining in his thoughts, he kept from making any assumptions, leaving it up to her to reveal the truth.
Messages In This Thread
they call me - by Maegi - December 27, 2017, 11:58 PM
RE: they call me - by Kove - December 28, 2017, 12:59 AM
RE: they call me - by Maegi - December 28, 2017, 05:02 PM
RE: they call me - by Kove - January 01, 2018, 11:37 AM
RE: they call me - by Maegi - January 02, 2018, 04:47 PM
RE: they call me - by Kove - January 02, 2018, 07:06 PM
RE: they call me - by Maegi - January 02, 2018, 11:36 PM
RE: they call me - by Kove - January 11, 2018, 04:38 PM
RE: they call me - by Maegi - January 14, 2018, 12:45 AM
RE: they call me - by Kove - January 22, 2018, 04:11 AM
RE: they call me - by Maegi - January 27, 2018, 07:18 PM