Overture Downs I will decipher them to tell the world of your heart
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Kavik @Illidan @Grezig @Elixir hunting thread to get some post counts up :) rolled a 6 for prey=deer and a 3 for difficulty=easy

The dawn came silently, creeping upon them slowly as the sky lightened first from the black of true night to the navy blue of the earliest hours to a soft pale blue that seemed too pigmented to be real. At the edges of the sky, the clouds burned orange with the rising sun and the light was yellow there. The birds rose with the sun, chirping to sing the morning praises. Dew sparkled on the grass, each drop a tiny rainbow world where the light caught it. 

The morning found Liri curled against Kavik's broad shoulder, his inky fur pillowing her pale head. She stretched as she woke, yawning as her joints popped. Illidan was not far, sleeping against Kavik as she had. Grezig and Elixir were nearby and Liri felt her tail wag - suddenly very happy to not be alone anymore. 

As she passed her sleeping giant, the healer stopped to nuzzle him before heading into the surrounding forest in search of a drink. Finding one of the many streams that coursed through the tangled woodlands, Liri bent over it and drank deeply from its cool waters. As the fae straightened, shapes in the mud caught her eye. Several hoof tracks made by a small group of mule deer who must have also sought a morning drink. 

With an eager grin, the sylph sniffs the hoof marks, following them into the foliage. The signs are easy enough to see - if you know what to look for. The odd print here or there, a flattened circle of grass, a bent branch on a bush, some hair caught in a tree. Several times, it goes dead and she has to circle back but by midmorning the tracker has stumbled upon the grassy slope where the deer are grazing. There's a handful of them - mostly does with young but the odd young buck or two. They're greyish brown - not blending well against the verdant grass - and grazing peacefully. Liri can feel her stomach clench with hunger at the sight of them.

The fae backtracks, picking her way back on her own scent trail until she's far enough that she won't alert the deer. With a tip of her snowy head, Liri's voice breaks the air as she calls for the others. As her song ends, the healer sits on her haunches to wait - ears pricked alertly in case another has heard her.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
I will decipher them to tell the world of your heart - by Síff - June 29, 2018, 01:46 PM