Swiftcurrent Creek give me the heart of an archeologist, that i may dig until i prove that i exist
i found brimstone in my garden,
i found roses set on fire
107 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
a storm had passed over them the night before—an event of blustering winds that squalled like catamounts, lightning that cleaved open the sky and great peals of thunder that kept Tiercel’s head nuzzled frightfully into her mother’s fur. she didn’t like the lightning most of all, the way it flashed and filled the sky with blinding skewers of light and bellowed long into the night.

the morning that followed was bleared by rainfall but there was a lull; calmness washed in after the showers had quieted to a drizzle. thunder rolled over a distant region, but it was no more than a murmur to the junebug as she trooped through the glade. her legs plucked gawkily over the dew-pearled bluegrass brushing her shoulders, tongue humming a bubbly melody as she went.  her black fur glistened with wetness, face caked with mud from splashing in the puddles left by the cloudburst. 

intrigue suddenly captured her attention. ”oOOOOOOOooooooOO,” she cooed, hovering over her choppy reflection in the water. as its surface settled, she stilled and brought her face obtrusively close; transfixed on the puppy mirroring her. ”houuuu!” she screeched, articulating what she thought was an appropriate how-do-you-do to the face staring back. she leaned in, observing her waterside counterpart mime her movement, and then reeled back with a jubilant giggle as she milled around the puddle. 

her tongue flopped from her mouth, head tilting like a seesaw. delicately she extended her toe tip to pat the surface of the water, causing it to wrinkle and distort. hmm. how can I get you out of there, my new, good-looking friend? Tiercel dropped to her belly, pressed against the wet grass with her back-legs akimbo. she drew her tiny snout to the water to sniff the other pup but it clipped right through the surface—”hooou...” her voice burbled, eyes following as bubbles climbed to the surface and strewed around her face.
1/3 threads. lowp, tag 2 manifest
Messages In This Thread
give me the heart of an archeologist, that i may dig until i prove that i exist - by Tiercel - July 06, 2018, 09:20 AM