Broken Boulder no, i never sold my soul
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

alarian snaps over him, immediately escalating the situation and delight's pulse. his own guilt and shame rest like a weighted blanket over his shoulders, keeping him rooted as his two -- his two best friends fall into conflict, his eyes shooting desperately to eris as she arrives. what does he do? he wants to defend queenie -- of everyone here she's known him the longest. she's the last link he has to tindómë, to, in a twisted way, mato, and she's the mother of his children. but -- alarian is the one who took them in when he was too broken to push forward anymore -- he's delight's leader. and if we're being perfectly honest, delight has always been a little weak for leadership, hasn't he?

but in the end, it is neither that win him over but his daugher, her dappled form shivering underneath him. he takes a deep breath, rising to his full height, the fur along his spine spiked, gaze turning sharp. he has never pulled rank on queenie before -- wouldn't dream of it! -- but protective instinct turns into action at last. 

"stand down, queenie." his voice  is frosted-cold, hollow points, turning his glare on ulf, eris, and alarian as they group together. "if you want to fight, take it outside," he snaps, nudging brilliance back under his belly, "but for gods sake don't have a screaming match in front of my sick kid." the more he speaks the more his voice begins to give out, the panic-turned-adrenaline rushing too quick in his blood to actually be of much use. breathing hard he gathers brilliance back into his mouth, his expression still drawn tight. "queenie, eris, i don't care, figure it out and come back to the den with me. please."

and with that, exit delight singing-sunlight. 
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
Messages In This Thread
no, i never sold my soul - by Brilliance - July 10, 2018, 07:03 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Ariel - July 10, 2018, 08:11 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Alarian - July 10, 2018, 08:52 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Ariel - July 12, 2018, 08:01 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Alarian - July 12, 2018, 09:56 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Brilliance - July 14, 2018, 03:47 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Ariel - July 16, 2018, 05:25 PM