Heron Lake Plateau locked and loaded, where the hell is peace of mind?
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Well, shoot.  She kind of got the gist of what he was saying, even though it was kind of an ass-backwards way of giving a compliment.  Maybe he was just salty she'd kicked his ass, right, and he didn't just want to come out and say how awesome she was?  Her smile widened and she let out a puff of laughter, that was quickly stifled when she saw someone else breach the horizon.

Yeah, that earlier thing about how there had been nobody else she wanted to see less?  Totally untrue.  Somehow, Towhee's entire existence had slipped her mind — perhaps she mistakenly thought that the former Beta would still be recovering or keeping to herself or being literally anywhere but here — but now that she was here with her determined fiery eyes and her big intimidating bird.. she would've rather explained herself to Colt.

Obviously, Towhee was just so demanding because she cared.  At least, that's what Ceara liked to believe.  She was an asset and a hard worker; even if Towhee didn't give a fuck about her on a personal level (which she also did not believe to be true), on a professional level she had to care.  It didn't make it less annoying, though.

Ceara already felt pretty lousy, and this whole thing was much more convoluted than she cared for.  Telling Llewellyn the whole story (including the cough cough naughty bits) hadn't gone over very well, so she pondered over how to whittle this down to its barest bones.. to save herself the embarrassment, of course.

But Ambrose cut in first, and she couldn't help but snort.  Obviously.  Ceara closed her eyes and raised her brows as her train of thought crashed.  She admired his spunk, but did he really know who he was talking to?  Even with a bum leg, she thought that Towhee and X could rip Ambrose a new one, no sweat.

There was a boy who was head over heels for me.  We met a few times, but it never amounted to anything.  I found out he was Blackfeather.  He and his family were leaving to start a new life away from that whole mess, and he asked me to come with him.

She snorted.  I told him to get lost.  There was no way I was going to abandon you guys, even though this was back when I had first joined.  Not only that, but he'd been part of Blackfeather.  I barely knew this guy.  

Whittle it down, you dumb shit.  They don't need to know everything.  Anyway, I ran into him again while I was out scouting, and he was kind of a dick for no reason.  So we got into a fight.  I hurt him, he didn't hurt me.   He went back home.  Then when I was scouting the coast, someone met me there.  I told her my name, and she just fuckin' slammed me.  No warning or anything.  She was his sister.  

She rolled her shoulders and wiggled her toes, trying to ease some of the tension she felt.  I got lost for a few days, I blacked out.  I lost a lot of blood.  I couldn't tell where I was.  I finally found my way to the Falls, and then I was able to parse out where home was.  She looks worse than me, though.  I don't know.  They shouldn't be an issue.

But it was nothing.  How's your leg doin', anyway?  Let's talk about anything but me.

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
Messages In This Thread
locked and loaded, where the hell is peace of mind? - by Fire - September 30, 2018, 02:04 PM
RE: locked and loaded, where the hell is peace of mind? - by Fire - September 30, 2018, 05:20 PM