Wheeling Gull Isle you know i'm such a fool for you
suspended between survival and civility
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Private 
(Mobile is a bitch sorry babe)

The waves rolled steadily upon the sands as the night gave way to the gentle shades of morning.  She was enclosed between @Komodo's heavy, tree-like limbs; since the air had turned cold she relied on the Earthstalker to provide her with warmth. 

Her breath was even, the scalloped edge of her ribcage rising as she took breath then yielding beneath the weight of Komodo's leg.

They usually rose together. By nature, 'Io was full of a buzzing, fervent kind of restless energy.  And lately, the Earthstalker had been, too.

She still watched him, though she no longer made an attempt to hide these efforts, and she had seen how much he had devoted himself to his gods in order to banish the unsettling membrane that had slicked over the island.  She had accompanied him in countless hunts and trips around Undersea's perimeter.  And she had felt him try to expend his energy on top of and inside her.

But until Aditya's betrayal, no matter how much they prayed and marked and hunted and fucked, there was nothing she could do to dispel the uneasiness that had settled over the Earthstalker.

She let out a slow, drowsy sigh and wiggled higher, out of the crook of his elbow and up towards his neck and buried her nose in the thick furs there.  She could remember the first time she had given herself to him, when she had felt so powerless and bled dry.  She felt like her body, her temple, her sex was the only thing she had control of anymore.

She had been scared.  Beneath the buzzing energy that connected them was a visceral and long-established fear that even now -- (perhaps more than ever) -- consumed her.  Breeding season was on the horizon, and she was confident that he would take her and bed her.  And although the Earthstalker was dutiful now, before the hormones and the tension... he was a man, and despite his connection with the gods he was just mortal, as real and as fallible as the rest.

Before Aditya, Komodo's restless energy had been a distraction from that.  She smoothed her tongue over his sculpted cheekbones once, a lover's gentle kiss, trying to stifle the fear that he would fail her just like Xan had failed her, just as her father had failed her mother.  If Komodo's passionate romance had instilled anything in her it was how to have faith.  Only time could tell the rest.
3/3
Messages In This Thread
you know i'm such a fool for you - by Reigi - October 05, 2018, 10:30 AM
RE: you know i'm such a fool for you - by Komodo - October 07, 2018, 11:58 AM
RE: you know i'm such a fool for you - by Reigi - November 13, 2018, 08:54 PM