Hushed Willows if we never make it back to california i want you to know i love you
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

he feels for his son, he does, but he does not have the energy to make things right. at least he stays with him and does not leave as his sisters did -- though honestly could delight blame him? no. he has done terribly and it is his burden and his burden only to bear. but he shouldn't let that guilt ruin every interact he has with his remaining child, he knows -- so he'll have to take it quietly.

lily asks about korei and delight pauses, but shakes his head, offering a helpless shrug. maybe yes, he thinks it is a fair assumption to make given their closeness, but he cannot say for sure. her dismissal of his apology earns a tight smile, though he says, "thank you, lily." at first it is all he can say, overwhelmed by a sudden flood of emotion. oh. here he is with only mali left to his name. "um -- yes, that would be. i'd appreciate that, yes. 

"so this is where we're staying?" he asks, finally letting himself look around at the home lily's chosen for them. he had registered its beauty easily but the details remain blurred -- perhaps he should ruminate on aesthetics another time, but he is so desperate to talk about anything that is not queenie, alarian, or his daughters.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]