Moonspear fear is the hand that pulls your strings
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Charon's reply left him in brief wonder what sort of life he had lived, and whether or not that past was truly in the past. Then again, given the demeanor of his children, it was not so outlandish to come to the understanding that misfortunate had its way of finding them whether they liked it or not. The best he could muster to that was only a passive sound in his throat, as though in some way he could understand. And he did, though not that particular instance—there were plenty of things in the past that Dirge did not go dredging up, and for good reason.

Just as well, as their conversation shifted gears.

He could talk about the world at length and yet say nothing at all.

"Eventful, to say the least," he began vaguely, "I made the mistake of going a bit too far north for my tastes. Thought the winter here was bad, found out it lingers much longer there. Hospitable folk, though." The same could have been said of many he had met here too. "Had a go through the places out east of here after that, had a gander at the packs there which weren't anything to shout about, and then came around to the coast by summer." He glossed over portions; they didn't seem all that important to him and he doubted they'd have any worth for Charon.

But there was a pause that lingered unintentional—he considered mentioning Nyx—and so he cleared his throat to move it along. If Hydra had divulged such things and they crossed their conversational table, then so be it, but he did not tread lightly through the circumstances there.

"The coast here seems to have an allure to it; I stayed there for the majority of my time until now, and there was no shortage of recruiters looking to bolster their numbers. However most of them fizzle out or move along to better grounds, it would seem." His own attempt was somewhere in there too, not yet forgotten. "One such group was on the mountain closest to the plains north of here. There and gone again in a matter of days," and why, he couldn't have said. It was as though they had vanished, or that perhaps the surrounding woodland had swallowed them whole.
Messages In This Thread
fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Dirge - November 30, 2018, 12:59 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Dirge - November 30, 2018, 01:37 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Dirge - November 30, 2018, 02:45 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Charon - November 30, 2018, 06:31 PM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Dirge - December 02, 2018, 12:40 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Dirge - December 02, 2018, 01:35 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Dirge - December 04, 2018, 01:10 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Charon - December 04, 2018, 05:09 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Dirge - January 04, 2019, 12:48 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Charon - January 08, 2019, 06:35 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Dirge - January 22, 2019, 10:07 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Charon - January 24, 2019, 04:04 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Dirge - January 27, 2019, 02:00 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Charon - January 29, 2019, 06:30 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Dirge - February 07, 2019, 01:20 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Charon - February 08, 2019, 06:22 AM
RE: fear is the hand that pulls your strings - by Dirge - March 15, 2019, 12:16 AM