Moonspear old growth fortress
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
He too took to the higher climes once again, though there was no particular reason for it. Dirge didn't mind the mountains; he had grown up with them as a steady backdrop, had climbed his fair share of them within reason. As much as he would have liked to try and touch the higher tip of Moonspear itself, it was impossible. Or near impossible—he had never found a pathway that seemed reliable or steady enough to carry him safely there, and he was far from the mountain goat sort. So he was forced to go where he could, once more immersing himself with old haunts and perhaps this time trying to suss out a new locale or two that he had bypassed the time before.

These sort of outings brought their own troubles too, seeing how the weather was keen to change at the drop of a hat. Such was winter and at least the mountain had the advantage of seeing such things coming... at least most of the time. But it was not the change of the weather that had drawn him up there so much as it was to resume a long term study of the lands below, as though by now there still remained some territory he hadn't at least crossed through intimately once, or that there would be a perfect slot again to take sight of a herd making their migratory trek to safety.

Instead of one or the other there for him to find, he found Amekaze lounging just over the next rise. Though to reiterate that he was no mountain goat, he had not taken the steady path up by many means; it was a scrabbling, loose stone that would more than likely announce him as he had hopped up to the snowy ridge that currently housed her, and the darkening horizon beyond her. Trails were overrated; he had only taken one that didn't quite agree with the incline.

”I hope that storm stays out to sea,” he commented with his slow approach, ”I'm already tired of the snow.” His gaze wandered back to her then, his steps halting where he was. ”You seem well.” Perhaps this year had been better than the last when they had all thrown in together, but from the snippets that Hydra had shared here and there, it was questionable at best.

feel free to shoo me if you don't want to have another thread with this loser
Messages In This Thread
old growth fortress - by Amekaze - December 03, 2018, 02:38 PM
RE: old growth fortress - by Dirge - December 04, 2018, 12:38 AM
RE: old growth fortress - by Amekaze - December 15, 2018, 03:01 AM
RE: old growth fortress - by Dirge - January 04, 2019, 06:52 PM