Jade Fern Grove am i more than you bargained for yet?
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He felt a little better when Alarian assured him his moment of greediness was okay. His next question was met with a shrug of the beast's blue-black shoulders. I'm f-- he started before cutting himself off and offering the other man a wary glance. I feel okay, still painful and tired, he corrected. No use in trying to keep from him what he already knew. 

He absentmindedly glanced at the destroyed rabbit carcass, noticing the flashes of bone and blood-stained fur, and he was suddenly somewhere else--somewhere he didn't recognize. It was a pitch-black forest, illuminated by the full, orange moon high above him. In front of him were unrecognizable plants, bones, and steaming hot stones. 

Then it was as if he were watching the scene unfold from above, like a spirit looking down on the praying man below. The words he was saying seemed so familiar, but Midar didn't know why. He listened harder, desperately trying to understand.

Sweet mother, sweet mother,
reveal my life's thread to me
Sweet mother, sweet mother
for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.

What did it mean? Why did this suddenly feel strangely familiar and sacred. He grew frustrated and in return, was pulled from the scene, eyes refocusing on his companion in front of him but not really seeing him. Nyke istan somewhere else. Nyke gōntan daor recognize ziry, yn nyke istan watching nykēla. Gaomagon. Nyke gaomagon daor gīmigon, he began to say completely unaware that most of his words were foreign. He began to breath quickly, searching around him frantically, trying desperately to understand what was going on, but failing.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
Messages In This Thread
am i more than you bargained for yet? - by Alarian - December 10, 2018, 04:39 PM
RE: am i more than you bargained for yet? - by Midar - December 10, 2018, 04:59 PM
RE: am i more than you bargained for yet? - by Alarian - December 10, 2018, 05:59 PM
RE: am i more than you bargained for yet? - by Midar - December 10, 2018, 07:34 PM
RE: am i more than you bargained for yet? - by Alarian - December 10, 2018, 11:27 PM
RE: am i more than you bargained for yet? - by Midar - December 11, 2018, 12:42 AM
RE: am i more than you bargained for yet? - by Alarian - January 08, 2019, 06:45 PM