Heron Lake Plateau This town is colder now, I think it's sick of us
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Note to readers: consulted with Houkie about Raven's reaction! :)

There were still dozens of details to suss out in the coming days, yet Wildfire wanted to tell her sister sooner than than later. It felt disingenuous not to reveal her plans to @Raven—especially after letting slip to Tulimaq—and of course obtain her litter mate's feedback. Her opinion would likely play a crucial role in the connection between the two packs. Of course, @Quixote would get the final say but naturally Wildfire wanted to start her official pitch for sister packs with none other than, well, her sister.

Wildfire felt a flash of doubt when she broke the news and saw the sadness flicker in her sibling's eyes like lightning on a stormy day. She opened her mouth to speak but shut it again, giving Raven a proper moment to process. She was glad she waited, because Raven eventually expressed support for the whole idea. She did say she would be sad to see Wildfire come and go so quickly—she felt another pang, this time of guilt—but as the minutes passed, the idea really seemed to grow on her. Not five minutes after Wildfire let the cat out of the bag, Raven seemed genuinely excited for her sister's plans.

"So where's your man? I'd like to float this past him. I'm counting on you to sway him," Wildfire said with a wink of one chestnut eye.

"It's a good idea, backed up with good reasons, Wifi. I won't need to," Raven insisted with a gentle smile. "You said you're thinking of setting in the copse—and I approve!—but you didn't mention a name."

She had been scanning the area for any sign of the Alpha male but she turned her head and bit her lip for a second before a grin split across her face and she revealed, "Firebirds."
Messages In This Thread
This town is colder now, I think it's sick of us - by Wildfire - December 17, 2018, 11:43 PM