Overture Downs Cheap hotels have their own charm
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
I'm gonna assume she finds out Stigmata is a leader in another thread!

Far more simple -- one of the betas didn't come with us in the move.  Don't know where she is now, but those remaining recognized my skills.  Sure, something happened to Rannoch too, but since he was vague about his incident, she'd be vague about her pack's.  Treason was telling the truth as far as her own history went.

Though his news of the pack amused her to start, as she continued to speak, her words started to cool again, Ha.  Not unexpected.  But why not accept my invitation, then?  The pack folding entirely made it more of an offense to her personally.  Corvus hadn't been surprised to see her, so it wasn't like they'd disappeared into the ether or something.  So why not join a pack that had a higher history of being reliable and had at least one friendly (under some definitions) face?

But how he continued seemed somewhat absurd, but that was mostly because she had details that he obviously did not.  Treason snorted and gave a slight shake of her head, I don't think Stigmata thinks much of us.  When the remnants of his pack joined ours, he made a big show in front of everyone about how he was doing everyone a favor by not joining and then was shocked when his ex-leader was pissed at him.  When I spoke to him after, he claimed he'd surely take over the pack and we were all underestimating him.  Maybe he's just afraid he'd drown in the creek under the mass of his ego, but I don't think he's a wolf I'd want to count on.  Whatever reasoning he had in his head, it was definitely not in tune with hers, or what she was pretty sure was actual reality.  And for Treason, a wolf who was undeniably quite self-sure, to be irritated by someone else's ego?  That was saying something.  Also there was the issue that Stigmata was willing to harbor Redshank, but they'd get to that if needed.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Messages In This Thread
Cheap hotels have their own charm - by Corvus - January 15, 2019, 01:47 PM
RE: Cheap hotels have their own charm - by Arbiter - January 15, 2019, 10:26 PM
RE: Cheap hotels have their own charm - by Corvus - January 16, 2019, 12:22 PM
RE: Cheap hotels have their own charm - by Arbiter - January 17, 2019, 01:24 AM
RE: Cheap hotels have their own charm - by Corvus - January 17, 2019, 02:24 PM
RE: Cheap hotels have their own charm - by Arbiter - January 17, 2019, 11:31 PM
RE: Cheap hotels have their own charm - by Corvus - January 18, 2019, 08:50 AM
RE: Cheap hotels have their own charm - by Arbiter - January 19, 2019, 02:06 AM
RE: Cheap hotels have their own charm - by Corvus - January 19, 2019, 01:47 PM
RE: Cheap hotels have their own charm - by Arbiter - January 19, 2019, 04:37 PM
RE: Cheap hotels have their own charm - by Corvus - January 19, 2019, 11:18 PM