Overture Downs It's hard, letting go
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —

She wasn't quite sure when the pain began to whittle away into anger nor did she recall when that anger bled into rage. 

She paced to and fro as heat rose beneath her fur, ears pinned in fury and eyes trained on the repetitive motions of her ivory paws. 

I'm so sorry. 

I'm so sorry. 

I'm so sorry. 

"You're sorry," the words were but bitter whispers as they escaped her throat - startling the healer at the sound of her own voice. 

"You're sorry?" She shouted to the distant treeline, teary gaze searching as if Kavik himself would emerge. 

What good did sorry do her? 

Did it keep her warm at night? Did it abate the despair eating a hole in heart like some worm within a rotten apple? Did sorry fix anything at all except for Kavik's guilt-riddled conscience?

Whirling on her three remaining paws, the hunter attacked the trunk of a tree viciously. Her claws gouged deep furrows in the bark, revealing the pale, sticky inner wood. Liri kept slashing as the tears fell, half wishing it were Kavik her claws had sunk into. 

At last she dropped clumsily to the ground, dry-eyed and hollow, panting with effort as she stared blankly at the blood-smeared tree - too fueled with adrenaline to feel the searing pain in her bloodied paws. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
It's hard, letting go - by Síff - January 29, 2019, 05:08 PM
RE: It's hard, letting go - by Siqsa - January 29, 2019, 05:46 PM
RE: It's hard, letting go - by Síff - January 29, 2019, 06:02 PM
RE: It's hard, letting go - by Siqsa - January 30, 2019, 01:13 PM
RE: It's hard, letting go - by Síff - January 30, 2019, 06:59 PM
RE: It's hard, letting go - by Siqsa - January 30, 2019, 07:24 PM
RE: It's hard, letting go - by Síff - January 30, 2019, 07:50 PM
RE: It's hard, letting go - by Siqsa - January 30, 2019, 08:33 PM
RE: It's hard, letting go - by Síff - January 30, 2019, 08:47 PM
RE: It's hard, letting go - by Siqsa - February 02, 2019, 08:58 AM