Lost Creek Hollow Margie, thought you might need a little warm-up
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
No prob!  I think I keep saying for most of my chars that if anyone wants a thread to just tag me and I will appear if it makes sense. XD

Joss's behavior had set a pretty low bar for expectations.  He hadn't exactly proven himself to be particularly clever in any when they'd interacted in the past.  To a certain point she'd been impressed he'd even bothered to dig out as much as he had so far.  And since she didn't check on the den every day... Well.  Who knew what would be in there.  And his quick return to the den to just make sure was also kind of weird. 

And so she headed in.  Her eyes swept down the sides of the tunnel as she went down, stopping at the end to let her eyes finish adjusting and observe the chamber.  Now Treason wasn't exactly the wolf that needed every creature comfort in the world.  She'd be happy with a roughly-hewn hole in the ground.  It was what she expected, especially since Joss was the one digging the most of it.  If she was a human, her home would be pretty bare, focusing on function.  Maybe in a way that made her easy to please.  It seemed good enough.  Or at least that was her first thought -- she was grading on a pass-fail scale, and basically if the work was pretty much done, that was a pass.  Then her eyes fell on the pile of fluff and... was that a rabbit?  She scooted forward a few quick steps to investigate, sniffing.

It wasn't quite a Grinch's heart moment, but it certainly seemed to dredge up a few shreds of humanity or something, because she was honestly surprised in a not-able-to-say-anything kind of way not that she'd been planning on saying anything there anyway.  Joss was basically a prisoner and he'd at least partially gone beyond what Treason had even thought of when she'd made it clear he didn't even have to.  Treason had expected that she would have to be the one to put finishing touches on everything, to have to fuss with every little detail like the way the entry was shaped.  People generally didn't do things for her that went above and beyond what she called for.  Okay, Terance was different -- him bringing some food for them to share wasn't exactly a surprise by now and she could (and did) easily return the favor... But why had Joss?

Anyway.  She gathered her thoughts, finished her examination, and headed back outside once her expression was again pretty neutralized even if her brain was still rolling away thinking about freaking everything ever -- including what would happen with him once she was sure he'd learned his lesson.  And so Treason gave him a nod, You did a good job.  Which was probably a far stronger compliment from her than it would have been from most other wolves.

And after some short (and probably one-sided) discussion, Joss wandered off and left Treason to hang out at the den, huzzah!
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Messages In This Thread
Margie, thought you might need a little warm-up - by Joss - February 18, 2019, 03:19 AM
RE: Margie, thought you might need a little warm-up - by Arbiter - February 23, 2019, 12:18 AM