Hushed Willows [festival] if my heart were a turntable
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon felt the fur on his neck bristle when Gannet said that he asked and that he'd been told he could go. He'd never been asked a thing -- Gannet had wisely asked only Hydra, because he knew that she would melt and tell him that he could go. Charon would've preferred to have it the way so that he would not have to hold Gannet to his duties, the ones he promised to uphold. It was complicated, perhaps, the boy who grew up stuck somewhere between the culture of vikings and regular upbringing, stuck between being an orphan and an Alpha's son. Never good enough because he came from nowhere and had lost everything and everyone dear to him at a very young age, and yet privileged by the wolves that had taken him in and adopted him. It was hard to explain what Gannet had meant to him. Perhaps the fact that he stayed was a symbol of some sort. A thing that said 'you are good enough'. A token of control, perhaps, but that bit was something that was hidden deep beneath the surface. And there was too much surface to scratch through for Charon to reach that part.

You never asked me or so much as said good-bye, he said coldly. You asked only Hydra, and made her explain it to me and Ame. And as I recall, you promised her that you would be back. Charon could not believe how Gannet could remember all of this so very differently, putting words in his mouth. I never said you could go. Not that he would drag Gannet back to Moonspear by the scruff now. What was the point? He was clearly a man without honour, and so what use would it be to hold him to something he clearly didn't have now?

And you stand here, being surprised that I'm upset about this? Of course I'm upset that you pissed all over not only your own honour but my faith that you were to be trusted. He raised his voice slightly as he said the 'of course'. It was ridiculous to Charon how so many wolves seemed to think he was some sort of unfeeling tyrant who didn't care shit about anything and had no friends. What the fuck was wrong with Gannet to think such things? They'd been practically friends, at least in Charon's book. Not family, because well, fuck, they weren't related (though in Charon's book, he'd always sort of figured, if Gannet continued to prove himself, he may work his way up not only as no-longer-thrall, but perhaps find himself at Hydra's side some day, if he had cared enough to work towards that)... but friends, at least. Seemed it wasn't only his trust that was shat on, Charon thought bitterly, growing frustrated beyond belief that everyone was treating him like some kind of heartless asshole who didn't need to be loved.
Messages In This Thread
[festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - February 20, 2019, 12:26 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - February 22, 2019, 02:19 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - February 23, 2019, 12:57 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 02, 2019, 03:40 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 04, 2019, 01:40 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 05, 2019, 05:44 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 06, 2019, 09:07 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 09, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 10, 2019, 11:12 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 10, 2019, 04:38 PM