Firefly Glen i am flesh and i am bone
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
As he waited for words to slip off her tongue, perhaps gifting him falsities, fabrication born of mendacity, he studied once more the frigid demeanor of this pale creature. It would be a lie to claim she held no beauty - for she did, in a terribly cold, shackled way. Pale khaki wrapped itself in blankets around her figure; in the light of the fireflies, it shimmered a golden ecru: she was a pearl, placed so delicately in front of him, but guarded with the sharpest of thorns. A steel wall of defense, just like his own. Untouchable...

...but at last her charcoal lips parted. To the warmth in her tone, one single smoky brow twitched, observing every flicker of her movements - it was not because he anticipated any sort of danger, not yet, not here, not now (despite his consistent awareness), but he was almost surprised by the lack of polar droplets that leaked from her throat. No glacial burn of sharp words, though he supposed she had not met him with ice when they first set eyes upon one another. Then came her response, at last, and he found it slipped into the night flawlessly:

Tundra.

The harshest winter, consumed in a mirage of beauty - except this woman's appearance was no mirage, and he buried this trinket of knowledge deep within the crevices of his concealed mind. Though the silencer was not known for his reliability in the event of a stranger's encounter, this time, he would keep his word. A name for a name; the deal was struck. 

"Aries." it slithered into the wind, whisked away by the luminescent fireflies, creeping into the air as a shadow would crawl behind the warped figure of a hellish demon. And yet, there was little malice in his tone, simply a hoarse, low grumble of his eternal frost. This was the hiemal king, ruler of the dead, and where he stood all would shiver - but one, perhaps, could rise up to meet this impenetrable force. She stood now before him. Only the ticking of a silent clock lay between them, each hand shifting with a sudden lurch to match the darting of glowing insects, marking the seconds as silence ensued.

What now?
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Messages In This Thread
i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 08, 2019, 11:36 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - March 09, 2019, 06:51 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 09, 2019, 07:49 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - March 22, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 26, 2019, 12:14 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - April 03, 2019, 11:45 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - April 07, 2019, 07:05 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - May 06, 2019, 05:02 PM