Firefly Glen i am flesh and i am bone
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
her gaze remained fixed stonily ahead, body rigid under his stare for she could now come to the conclusion that she most definitely did not need to see those shards of ice to know when they looked upon her, she could feel her skin prickle under each light touch of those daggers from behind. her mind had simply settled into a sluggish swirl, like thick murky water going down a slightly blocked drain. round and round, slowly but surely. any sensible thoughts that made an effort to form would simply get caught in the spiral and away they'd go, flushed down the drain. it would get to stage that she'd feel an odd relief just to feel herself swallow, as if nervous that her mind would rid itself of even the knowledge to perform such minute, daily operations.

her gaze would fall to the ground, studying her paws listlessly whilst settling to focus on the reassuring sounds of her own steady breath- the rhythm calmed her, despite the way his presence seemed to plague her mind like a sickness her body remained unaffected. it remained strong, all these nerves and muscles ready to act however she wished on her command, only her. in all reality if she decided to truly focus on her entire self she'd know that wasn't exactly a true statement, the body and the mind coexisted way too closely for that to ever work. their bond was much too strong, so yea maybe she chose to ignore the slight waver of these steady breaths or the way her heart bet so strongly against her chest her body coursed with excess adrenaline causing limbs to shudder at the slightest of movements. she would deny all of this because in turn that helped her mind, which stopped her body from just collapsing in on itself. or more, collapsing conveniently in his direction...

shut the fuck up 

blunt claws press hard against the earth, puncturing it with the effort as cool eyes grow glacier with a slight narrow. memories, that's how she steels herself now. not letting the whole thing hit her, no that'd be fatal, but enough just to inflict the beginnings of pain. not enough to actually hurt her but enough to throw up her defences and distract them from the being behind her. her eyes shut briefly, lungs expanding as she inhaled deeply- grounding herself. she was here. she was alive. he was nothing.

yet then he speaks again, and her ears crane in his direction with an undeniable desire to bask in each deep rumble emitted from his chest. nyx...she expects that to be it but to her true surprise, there's more. why did he tell her that? she swallows hastily, suddenly not able to bear keeping her gaze away from him and spins in one fluent movement so that her small body now faces his much larger frame once more. large eyes search him for a few pressing moments, trying to fight the burning want to know more. feeding her that little bit did nothing more than tease her, like giving the tiniest of scraps to a starving loner. it would do them no good except remind them what they could have, but didn't. had something happened to leave him so detached like he was? had he been born that way? could you be born that way? she knew about psychopaths and sociopaths, wolves born without an understanding for empathy or emotion. the difference between the likes of her and him and wolves like that were, well in her case anyway- she'd felt it before, sure it'd been bet out of her to some degree but she knew what it meant. well, kind of? but then again, she didn't know him at all really. maybe it was all an act, she'd heard they were good at that.

return...? her jaws opened to inform him that the woods no longer stood but something held her back, she wasn't even sure but her jaws snapped shut once more and she didn't fight it. instead she simply echoed the word; "perhaps..." a small smile danced across her lips at that, pearly canines peeking out yet it appeared almost sad- or maybe that was just due to the odd contrast of what would usually be known to be a happy gesture alongside such barren eyes. "funny word isn't it" she'd add with an icy chuckle. with no explanation as to why this word proved so amusing to her, she'd let her gaze get one last look at that face before turning away- gods only knew how long before she'd see it again? but now was the time to go, while she still could. "perhaps i'll see you again, aries" she called back, letting the night breeze carry it towards him like a little messenger before departing with one last little snigger, a final "perhaps.." would be the last he'd hear of her for now before her pale form disappeared into the night- already feeling the tug of blackfeather as she let herself drift in its direction.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 08, 2019, 11:36 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - March 09, 2019, 06:51 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 09, 2019, 07:49 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - March 22, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 26, 2019, 12:14 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - April 03, 2019, 11:45 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - April 07, 2019, 07:05 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - May 06, 2019, 05:02 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - June 04, 2019, 11:20 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - June 05, 2019, 04:03 PM