Lost Creek Hollow I'm afraid it's too late
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Treason didn't seem to agree.  Did she even look at her mate?  Like really.  Rannoch still limped along, he still moved slow.  How could someone fight when they couldn't keep an even stride on good terrain and low stress?  Even Terance wasn't perfect, but he was a good deal better off than Rannoch.  The only truly fit one here was Treason, and right now she was benched.  I think you're overestimating him -- he isn't a first tier line of defense any more.  If he had to in an emergency, sure, but so could any other wolf.  I'd be more afraid it would make his condition worse.  Do you want to risk that?  Treason certainly didn't try to soften her words.  In fact, if anything she tried to make sure they cut to the point.  Logic was a fine weapon, one that was cold and hard to argue with.  If Treason didn't find Rannoch to be a particularly useful buffer to things she wasn't interested in doing, perhaps she'd try to convince him to step down and hand the pack to her -- or to Terance again, if necessary, that was close enough -- but she certainly wasn't going to count on him for the pack's security except as a stopgap until one of them arrived.

Unsurprisingly, Treason made a leap of logic that maybe wasn't too much of a stretch.  And if Breccan wants to learn, he can, but if he'd want me as a teacher he'll have to wait 'til my own children are ready.  He'd seemed malleable enough and willing to learn hunting skills, at least.  But that was still an entirely different kettle of fish than fighting.  Some just didn't have the spirit, and she wasn't going to force an uninterested adult to be taught -- she'd rather work with younger, willing minds.

The rest, she agreed with.  They didn't seem interested in fighting or had other issues that put them in that "emergency defense only" tier.  Liffey probably was somewhere beneath that in the "probably bites like an angry trout" tier.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Messages In This Thread
I'm afraid it's too late - by Arbiter - March 29, 2019, 01:10 AM
RE: I'm afraid it's too late - by Liffey - March 31, 2019, 08:26 AM
RE: I'm afraid it's too late - by Arbiter - April 02, 2019, 01:45 AM
RE: I'm afraid it's too late - by Liffey - April 02, 2019, 07:17 PM
RE: I'm afraid it's too late - by Arbiter - April 06, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: I'm afraid it's too late - by Liffey - April 13, 2019, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm afraid it's too late - by Arbiter - April 28, 2019, 08:50 PM
RE: I'm afraid it's too late - by Liffey - May 01, 2019, 07:05 PM
RE: I'm afraid it's too late - by Arbiter - May 02, 2019, 09:49 PM
RE: I'm afraid it's too late - by Liffey - May 03, 2019, 11:43 AM
RE: I'm afraid it's too late - by Arbiter - May 03, 2019, 09:34 PM