Neverwinter Forest i was born to fly away
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
His words seemed to offer her little in the way of comfort, but they were just that. Words. It was a fool's errand to believe that they all could escape whatever troubles may have followed them, whether it manifested physically or otherwise. His had been simple enough to get away from, sure, but he had paid for it down the line just as well. Perhaps even now, he would continue to pay for it, a pawn on the table of some cosmic chessboard unknowing what it all meant, or where the next play would take him.

But he could at least be thankful that it was not war that ran in his history, at least not the sort he presumed she referenced. Her physique may have even gone as far as to betray that, but he also knew better than to make any sort of assumption—it was the fleeing wolf with no options left that proved most dangerous of all. She had her health, and from the look of things, all her teeth.

”When it suits me,” he replied with a thin smile. ”Winter does not favor the bold here, especially those on their own. I like surviving, so joining up seemed a fair thing to do. Do my part and I get a bit of the spoils and warmth too.” And thankfully, neither Charon nor Hydra had taken his head off for coming and going when he pleased, but he came back. He had come back now more times than he counted or thought to remember, even when the siren song of the wilderness was so clear.

He'd blame the season for it, later.

”Is that what you intend to keep doing out here—surviving? Continuing your escape and all. That's risky business on your own, even with the turn of the season. Nature still likes to try and smother the green with one last snow, and then before we know it the river basin's swollen once again. Makes for interesting travel to say the least.” He did not hide that he knew about the path ahead and in his own way, extended the offer to share.
Messages In This Thread
i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 08, 2019, 11:02 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Vanity - April 09, 2019, 04:22 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 10, 2019, 07:10 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Vanity - April 11, 2019, 04:28 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 18, 2019, 09:47 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Vanity - April 24, 2019, 11:34 AM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 24, 2019, 01:43 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Vanity - April 24, 2019, 02:10 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 25, 2019, 03:44 AM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Vanity - April 27, 2019, 11:14 AM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 27, 2019, 02:45 PM