Northstar Vale There's a lot of things runnin' through my mind that I don't say..
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She sensed his dissapointment in the soft, frustrated exhalation; the fae felt embarrassment warm her cheeks as her face turned away, not wanting to see such an emotion cloister in his discolored gaze. 

Her mind turned back to the years of abuse, loss, and broken trust. Liri seemed cursed in truth, doomed to continuously pick up the pieces of her life as each tragedy struck. She largely ignored the trials she had faced - preferring to continue on as if nothing had changed; she had survived worse she continually told herself and would survive again. 

But perhaps there was a kernel of truth in what Vangard said. 

Who else could endure so much? How many others would rise from the ruins with their capacities intact, renewed with a determination to survive? 

The healer found her eyes returning to him, gaze sliding over his features with something like appreciation - gratified insight. 

Someday she would share her past with him, already knowing within that he would not turn from her side upon her revelations. 

But not this day, she decided as a wide grin broke across her countenance like a sun emerging from behind cloud cover as Vangard returned her mischief. 

"Perhaps your song has been sung before. But you are more than that, Van," the tundrian rasped, watching him pad closer. "Your destiny has already been written in the stars by Odin." He was fated to bring rise to the Vikings once more; their children would someday lay claim to a proud lineage that married the north and nordic alike.

Leea leaned into the tantlazing nibbles the norseman planted along her neck, sighing softly as her eyes fluttered shut. 

They reopened a heartbeat later when the warmth of his body withdrew. 

A slight smirk crept onto her features as she caught the glint of amusement in his eyes, the 'come and get me' grin. 

If he wanted to tease, two could play that game. 

The sylph pattered to his side, crown dipping to brush against his shoulder blade - not unlike how the tribe had greeted fellow comrades. She continued slowly, pressing her frame flush against the silverscale of his side. 

Along the length of his body would the small sprite caress with her own, halting at his hocks to shoot a coy look over her shoulder at him. 

Her pale flag would raise, the speckled tip flicking ever so lightly against his nose. 

Liri launched from his reach with a great bunching of her muscles, laughter ringing through the trees as the fae raced through the forest. 

Catch me if you can. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's a lot of things runnin' through my mind that I don't say.. - by Síff - May 15, 2019, 06:50 PM