Bearclaw Valley do you forget why i've killed myself out here at sea?
Sapphique
Sandstone
hold the dark
158 Posts
Ooc — Van
just a cameo a few miles outside bcv - also forgive me, i meant to post this a week ago

It was sheer selfishness that drew Svalinn after his mother...

Or perhaps it was experience, and some brand of post-traumatic stress that caused him to follow; because it seemed that nearly every time she exited Rusalka, she returned in a state worse than when she had left.

Svalinn had realized some time ago that his mother (and Raleska, to an extent) were incapable of avoiding danger.

If anything, they seemed to seek it. Like maniacal pigs rooting for trouble-truffles. It was maddening, and would probably give him a heart attack one day, but for now he just moved with single-minded intent; unaware of the anxiety that rippled off him in stink-heavy waves.

He knew where he should be, and who he ought to be protecting, but he found it impossible to ignore the fact that Caiaphas had absconded on some far-south mission. With a former enemy, no less. He didn't actually have anything against Vercingetorix— but he certainly didn't expect a wolf with revolving loyalties to properly protect the Eyjolfur matriarch, so he only let half a day pass before leaving on his unannounced, one-wolf assignment to make sure she wasn't grievously harmed.

So far he had been unable to catch up to the duo, but it was probably for the best.
Messages In This Thread
RE: do you forget why i've killed myself out here at sea? - by Svalinn - June 20, 2019, 08:22 PM