Wapun Meadow clemency for the wizard king
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Her heart was racing; probably from the tempo she had picked up to follow along, although that descended back to something she could handle when he noticed and slowed down. The last thing she wanted to be was a burden to her own brother so rather than take his adjustment thankfully, Ibis let it feed in to her self-doubt just a smidge, although she was relieved not to have to push herself as hard to scurry alongside him. When the conversation shifted back to dad and Ibis' time within the Hollow, she felt her throat constrict a little, and her mouth run dry.

It was -- not what I expected, she wanted to say, but also didn't want to dishearten Okeanos, and she didn't want to lie to him either, leading to a disquiet as Ibis tried to order her thoughts a bit. A pause, and shes to explain again. It was busier than I expected, not like Elysium at all. There were always people running off to do something, and their claim - the forest - was sprawling and large and beautiful, so sometimes I would go days without seeing anyone. It made things sound sad in her mind, lonely, and Ibis knew she was projecting some of what she felt in those early days in to her explanation. Dad was often busy, and I figured that everyone was busy doing something so I may as well get busy too. I got started by studying everything in the forest I could find; the trees, the flowers, the grasses; for the most part they were different from Elysium's and I wanted to figure them out. She recalled the first time she'd found her clover field, and then the last time she had looked upon it, and took a breath.

About a week in to my stay, I ran in to Treason -- she was very, um, round. Pregnant, she could've said, but her first thought was to mention how tall and intimidating she was, how stern, and yet Ibis couldn't find the words for how she'd felt at that fateful encounter. She smiled as she spoke though, amused at herself for some reason or another. I tried to be friendly with her but she gave off such a scary vibe, and she was so much bigger than me - I got kind of scared, and ended up running off to the safety of what I was more comfortable with - my plants. After that it seemed like Treason and I... Weren't destined for any kind of bond, it was like she'd made up her mind about me right there. It had been her own fault for letting her nerves get the better of her. At this point Ibis went silent again but didn't show any signs of continuing her narrative, taking a little break after all that chatter.
Messages In This Thread
clemency for the wizard king - by Okeanos - June 08, 2019, 10:59 PM
RE: clemency for the wizard king - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 08, 2019, 11:42 PM
RE: clemency for the wizard king - by Okeanos - June 11, 2019, 09:42 AM
RE: clemency for the wizard king - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 11, 2019, 11:34 AM
RE: clemency for the wizard king - by Okeanos - June 16, 2019, 05:15 PM
RE: clemency for the wizard king - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 18, 2019, 12:08 PM
RE: clemency for the wizard king - by Okeanos - June 23, 2019, 10:48 PM
RE: clemency for the wizard king - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 30, 2019, 03:11 PM