Blacktail Deer Plateau oh, it's not that you should care; i just wanted you to know
207 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: cw: teen angst, self harm
Something is wrong. The dread settles around him like a cold vice in an instant and he freezes, losing all grasp on coherent thought mid-task. Suddenly he's not even sure what he'd been doing. I was... he glances around, disoriented, and his pulse begins to pick up. Something is wrong, he thinks, limbs moving before he realizes he wants them to. But what?
He shudders a little as he hurries toward the outskirts of Kaistleoki's territory, overwhelmed by the thundering sound of his racing heart and his own fast, uneven breathing. He makes a point of avoiding the scents of his packmates, though he isn't trying to leave the territory. Unfortunately, his hazy state leaves him at a disadvantage. He goes too far, hardly realizing he's past the borders until his surroundings have become entirely unfamiliar.
When he finally notices, the energy seems to leave him all at once. His limbs stop responding without warning, and he tumbles, collapsing into the dirt without really seeing where he is. He can't breathe now, heart hammering in his ears so loudly he thinks his head might burst, and suddenly all he can think is I hate myself. For being a monster, a failure, a fucked-up orphan with no future, even when one has been handed to him. He feels the sharp, fiery pain in his foreleg before he registers his own teeth around it, tightening for a moment. Then he comes back to himself, and his grip falls away, and he realizes all at once that something is wrong with him. But he'd known that, hadn't he? The thought consumes him, and soon he's aware of nothing but the fire spreading over his forelegs.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
Messages In This Thread
oh, it's not that you should care; i just wanted you to know - by Winterbourne - June 14, 2019, 08:26 PM