Blackfeather Woods This is what it sounds like, when doves cry
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
first of all shh no your writing is always beautiful n' it's great to have you back!<3
secondly i had a huge post typed up but my stupid laptop froze and i lost it all and since my tundra muse isn't doing too good already this is going to be short n baad.

"Perhaps one day I will return to blackfeather."

those were the last words he'd spoken to her and the first to echo back to her mind the moment that call went up. deep, demanding and unmistakably him. she could almost swear the whispering of the trees grew more intense in the moment whilst the crows overhead let out a few curious albeit dozy caws from their perches high above. her muscles have tensed of their own accord and her jaw is grit when bertók leaves his own spot with his kind to drift down to his four legged companion. a soft exhale escapes her as he perches on her shoulder and she tilts back her head, blinking gratefully at the feathered creature. somehow he always knew, she couldn't tell you why or how but he knew, always. despite their lack of words because well, it's not like they'd be able to understand each other anyway- his mere presence is a reassurance in itself.

inhaling deeply, the ghost starts a steady walk through the shadows and around her trees to where she knows she'll find him- trying to come home. but this is her home now, not his and she has vowed to protect it. for all she knows he could very well still be a threat, he might not even want to return in fact maybe he didn't even remember that sentence he'd uttered to her all those months ago. her steps grow even slower as the thick darkness begins to let up somewhat and the trees begin to thin. it's only when silvery slants of moonlight begin to penetrate through to the dark floor that she hears voices drift through the otherwise silent night. moonshadow. for a moment she halts, listening to the words to be passed back and forth between the two but can't remain hidden for much longer upon hearing him voice his apparent want to trade in the melonii's for the wolves of blackfeather once more.

like a phantom she emerges from her shadowed coverage, bertók having flown alongside her the whole time not leaving now and continuing to float along lazily by her side as she steps lightly forward until standing before the icy eyed man. for a moment no words leave her jaws as she merely studies him through a narrowed gaze, wariness and suspicion wringing in her gut as she glares with a coldness much icier than her usual indifference. no this glare is meant to strike. 

what if he was sent here on purpose, what if they knew he was....what? her mind seems to turn on her in one stubborn moment. know he's what? something to you? gritting her jaw ever so slightly she abandons that train of thought quickly before it can spiral, whether it has anything to do with her or not he could be here with malicious intentions. blackfeather wasn't doing good at the moment, but no lack of wolves would ever make her desperate. forgetting to even acknowledge moonshadow as her eyes as dark as the woods behind them do not leave his once she finally murmurs; "why should we trust you?her tail curls over her back, ready to protect her home at all costs as she simply leaves it at that. siding the whisper of the trees behind her all is quiet, even the ravens fall silent as they await his response as to why he should be let come home after abandoning them once before.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
This is what it sounds like, when doves cry - by Aries - July 23, 2019, 04:28 PM
RE: This is what it sounds like, when doves cry - by Tundra - July 23, 2019, 06:07 PM