Blackfeather Woods This is what it sounds like, when doves cry
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
lil bit messy as am in a hotel with unreliable wifi o-o

The world endorsed him tonight, showering the silencer with internal pleasure, unwritten upon his steel-born visage - they were rightfully wary in their prudence, of this he was aware, but he deciphered with ease that they would not turn him away; not now, when the borders carried few scents to hold their claim, and Tundra contorted to his will so flawlessly - exactly how he had desired her to. Perhaps she fancied herself triumphant in her contribution to this game, by raising her title above the frosted king (surely she was proud), and he bathed himself in this unspoken knowledge, of her oblivious thoughts. Did she trust her own control, with the strings of his fate placed so delicately in her arms, now? And yet, had she not just wavered some of that power, by permitting him into her home, this slice of her safety? Had she, perhaps, wanted him to share this company with her?

Interesting.

His stare did not tear away from hers, not even when his phantom sibling poured like ink from the tenebrosity behind - only when she spoke did eyes of fathomless ice (so cold in their luminescence) turn to lock with her own; he did not anticipate her vouching, and yet, welcomed the abnormality of such a proclamation. They may not have involved themselves in one another's lives, but here they were, aligned once more. So too, was Aries aware of what had transpired - it was no secret to him, but sealed it remained, behind charcoal lips, along with whatever other enigmas their family entailed. Regardless, his chin dipped toward Cassiopeia, before shifting, at last, to Maegi.

For one, his opinion of Damien had altered - once learning of Aries' surname, with thanks to his fugitive half-sibling, the shadowed king's own view upon the ward had warped; he knew that the soldier was a son of Dakarai, and so, he had grown petty, puerile. If a man with such power as Damien could morph to sensitivity over such nugatory claims, the Svartell had a desire no longer to be ruled by him. The past was not always the present, and Aries no longer cared. "I will not return to Damien's command." he replied simply, with finality, in the smoky, sibylline baritones of his voice. While he could not promise eternal enslavement, he was perfectly content to serve under her rule, one of the few he knew was worthy of such a place - regardless of where his path led, his ties to blackfeather and those within would remain. "You have every right to be wary of me, Maegi, but I can assure you..."

"You have my word."
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Messages In This Thread
This is what it sounds like, when doves cry - by Aries - July 23, 2019, 04:28 PM
RE: This is what it sounds like, when doves cry - by Aries - July 28, 2019, 11:13 AM