Fox's Glade it's a slow cinnamon summer and your spell's pulling me under
185 Posts
Ooc —
I promise I rarely write this long, haha. It was mostly just to set the mood and give background!
The gentle summer breeze ruffled his pelt, pushing his cheek fur outwards and battering it against his face at random intervals as gusts of wind swirled around him. It was an annoying, and every time it happened the boy made his displeasure known by shaking his head violently before looking behind with a scowl to shield his face.

His father, @Greyback, was accompanying him from behind with a slow gate to keep distance. Clay had begged the Easthollow Patriarch to take him out earlier in the day for a chance to roam. But his father, stern as ever, had denied at first. Whether it be his insistent whining or his persuasion to see the world, Clay had eventually won his father over.

'Why do I have to have puffy cheeks.' He thought. His father's cheek fur wasn't as puffy as his— they were just long; swaying gently in the breeze and giving the elder an ethereal look. Clay never understood how his father managed to look well groomed, he himself was always dirty and messy. It was probably an adult thing.

Bounding up the hill in a commotion of gleeful yips, the boy watched as grass tore and flowers flew. Yellow dusting of pollen had now coated his paws and legs, leaving him to look as if he was half-flower himself. "Hurry up!" He shouted back at Greyback, excited and wanting to pick up the pace.

However, when he turned back he noticed a figure in the distance— their body white as snow. Clay blinked and craned his head, attempting to make out the stranger. It had failed. And when all else fails the boy was quick to do what he did best. "HEY!" he shouted, his voice screeching and breaking the air as he propelled himself forward with a wagging tail. It was a wolf! A stranger! Clay had never met another wolf outside of Easthollow before.
Messages In This Thread
RE: it's a slow cinnamon summer and your spell's pulling me under - by Clay - August 11, 2019, 09:00 PM