Duck Lake Metaphorically, I'm a whore, and that's denial number four
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
All Welcome 
He had snuck away long after he assumed everyone had fallen asleep. It was out of character for the alpha to leave the creek. Normally, he stayed close, patrolling or taking care of mates or children, but tonight, he had needed a break. Things were starting to remind him of last fall on the plateau; their numbers were dwindling, and he was filled with uncertainty about what would be left of the creek after winter. This time, though, there was far more at steak. He had children that relied on him, and if the pack fell apart, they would suffer the most. He worried constantly about everything, and tonight after his usual patrol, he had started to feel suffocated by the weight of all the things in his life, and he had left the borders to wander into the valley.

He stopped when he reached the lake. Kavik was vaguely familiar with the place, but he hadn't been here many times. He moved forward until his paws were submerged and lowered his head to drink. When his thirst was sated, he walked farther into the water, stopping when the cool liquid engulfed his knees and elbows. He wasn't sure what exactly he was doing, but he just stood in the water, listening to the sounds of the night and trying to forget everything even for just a few moments.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
Metaphorically, I'm a whore, and that's denial number four - by RIP Kavik - September 03, 2019, 08:37 PM