Cedar Sweep the war has been incited and guess what you're all invited
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
No it's okay! I love your posts, I just sit back and fall right into it <3 Now mine is long... 

The man was completely oblivious to her internal turmoil toward his apology. How it had halted her anger for his previous actions, caused a rippling effect within her as she battled her own little demons that crawled around in her head. No. He was a simple beast - lacking in social abilities and so it passes right over his head as the silence swallowed them for a moment. In fact, he thought none of any of it. 

What he did react to was what followed his attempt at concern. Ears twisting back defensively as he pulled his head high above his shoulders as if to try and make some space between them without moving his paws backward. A shocked look took him over within that one eye of his as he pondered what to say or do next - should he leave? Did he insult the woman already, more so than the faux attack he had started off their encounter with? 

There was no response, he couldn't even think of something to say let alone anything roll off his tongue to try and redeem himself. Instead, he stood there in a stupor. While they locked eyes, eventually the brute frowned in response, silence remaining until... she fell back. A defeated look overcame the proud woman and his scowl faded. One ear swiveled forward out of curiosity, but he dared not speak or move any more than a simple rotation of the ear. 

Within her, there had to be more than what could be seen. An internal fight she was battling and thoughts plagued her mind, leaving the nobleman in the dark as he stood before her. Though it did not take long, the silenced ticked on until she finally broke her slump and rose once again with pride that she glimmered with before. Her dare fell on deaf ears, but her own apology brought his second ear forward. Sorry? 

Cocking his head to one side, he couldn't believe the word had been directed to him. When had anyone ever directed such a word in his direction? Never. Not in earnest. It confused him, baffled him. 

Yes. His word was soft. Still, he stumbled with the thought of being apologized to, for whatever reason. I joined Rusalka after the first tremors. His eye faded from her face for a moment, pondering his next words carefully, unsure if it was fit for the moment - if that was what she wanted to hear, needed to hear maybe. Do you... Do you need a place to rest until the trembling calms?
New Threads: closed
Messages In This Thread
RE: the war has been incited and guess what you're all invited - by Rosencrantz - October 18, 2019, 05:40 PM