Cedar Sweep the war has been incited and guess what you're all invited
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Despite his embarrassment, keeping his gaze onto the ground, focus on the dirt, his paws, back and forth while he was uncertain of her reaction. Half expecting to be scolded for such a decision to use a stranger for his own gain as if it was a worthy excuse to pick fights with someone who did nothing wrong to him and instead use her as a stand-in; and yet, she didn't. Her tone drew his ears in, reaching out toward the pale woman as if thirsty for every syllable she said. 

She was so different. 

And he almost melted.

That cold sheet of ice he had built up for months, thick and unrelenting, he held onto it just as tightly as his few good relationships. As close as they were, he held them at arm's length. And for a moment he felt its defenses falter. "I can confidently say you helped me as much as I helped you", her eyes met his once more, and within his throat, he could feel the crushing sensation of emotion choking from inside. 

An amalgamation of thoughts and emotions flooded his heart and mind, all confusing. The sudden urge to hide his hideous disfigurement. He yearned for that closeness he felt with Rhaella before it all came tumbling down, desired nothing more but to protect himself from that heartbreak again, afraid of ruining a friendship again, terrified of being turned away for someone better, but craving that friendship above all else. No. Not yet, is what he really wanted to say, but his voice would not let him. 

Taking a breath, he found himself relaxing after unintentionally tensing up at the moment. Releasing the muscles in his jaws and shoulders. Do you? He returned the question. There was a softness in his eye, twisting and stretching his neck ever so slightly toward her despite wanting to step back.
New Threads: closed
Messages In This Thread
RE: the war has been incited and guess what you're all invited - by Rosencrantz - November 24, 2019, 06:33 PM