Fox's Glade my love is driven by rage
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
@Hono and/or @Marten

Ibis crossed the downs come morning, having spent the night unable to sleep; some of the time was spent in the company of Julien, and some, when she realized she was wide-awake and sleep was not likely to arrive, some was spent exploring the glade until she found @Okeanos stationed among the trees. He looked to have been sleeping for a while, and she felt a pang of guilt for leaving him to his lonesome while she had sought comfort with a stranger. She tucked in next to him until morning, then carefully extracted herself from the warmth of his plush coat; she needed to move, she needed to feel the wind in her fur, and had waited long enough.

What surprised her most about the open expanse spreading southward, was the pale quality of the grass. It was cold to the touch, and she probed at some of the weeds growing in her path, testing its structure, feeling the thin frosting melt against the leather of her nose. Ibis hadn't been aware of how cold the weather was already becoming; she had been well sheltered in the forest overnight and had not noticed the low temperature. Thankfully there wasn't more of a mess to deal with.

As she wandered she came upon a familiar sight that tugged at her heart strings — the band of dark trees on the horizon soon became a proper forest, collecting like rows upon rows of very tight crochet yarn across the side of the valley. It was here that she'd first found the scent of fox, first met Ira, and her mind soon became abuzz with thoughts of Easthollow — and the Lost Creek — all the while, meandering through the trees as if she belonged among them.
Messages In This Thread
my love is driven by rage - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 30, 2019, 07:46 PM
RE: my love is driven by rage - by Marten - September 30, 2019, 07:55 PM
RE: my love is driven by rage - by Hono - October 02, 2019, 09:56 AM
RE: my love is driven by rage - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 02, 2019, 12:11 PM
RE: my love is driven by rage - by Marten - October 08, 2019, 09:22 AM
RE: my love is driven by rage - by Hono - October 08, 2019, 06:24 PM
RE: my love is driven by rage - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 08, 2019, 07:04 PM