Shadow Mountain I am the voice inside your head
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Welcome back! <3

Her head is buzzing from the collision, and she is too befuddled to take stock of her surroundings upon settling against the dirt. If this were a cartoon then there would be a series of bright yellow birds chirping and floating overhead, like a halo. Beyond the thump of her light-weight body however, there isn't much noise at all. One might suspect a flurry of activity from the boughs overhead on any typical day; ever since the world began to quake and tremble like an egg ready to hatch, there has been a descending silence sucking the life out of everywhere. She sits back and shakes her head, but Ibis immediately regrets the decision because the momentum makes the world spin a little bit too fast. Beside her is a grim little voice that she finally picks out of the dark—and as she looks over to where the man is standing she gasps, clearly surprised. Or maybe she'd heard his cussing and was offended. At this point, who really knows what goes on in her little head.

Are you okay? Asks the voice, and Ibis strains to focus on that sound, on the silhouette she can barely make out among the trees flanking her. She can see his eyes—bright enough, thankfully—but the rest of him is shrouded and obscured, like her brother Okeanos' dark coat minus the warmth. The girl tries to stand up and get out of his way but cannot find her balance, staggers a bit, and plops back down with a little sigh. Ohhh, I was okay, but I'm not sure now. Who—? She almost asks him for a name, but catches herself, seeing as this isn't an appropriate way to introduce oneself to a possible new friend. Weird that she thinks he'll be nice to her just like that, but Ibis has a pretty good track record for befriending strangers, so she's not at all worried.

She does clear her throat though, mimicking the stranger without meaning to. The imaginary birds have slowed their circling considerably, which helps. I'm sorry, everything started to shake and I just dove for cover—I should've paid more attention. Are you alright? I didn't hurt you did I? Thankfully the quaking hadn't been too bad. It had already spread out to the valley below and stopped, or at least found a different area of the Wilds to destroy.
Messages In This Thread
I am the voice inside your head - by Nails - October 08, 2019, 06:43 PM
RE: I am the voice inside your head - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 08, 2019, 07:25 PM
RE: I am the voice inside your head - by Nails - October 10, 2019, 09:32 PM
RE: I am the voice inside your head - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 10, 2019, 10:24 PM
RE: I am the voice inside your head - by Nails - October 24, 2019, 07:57 PM
RE: I am the voice inside your head - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 28, 2019, 04:29 PM