Emberwood and i know we'll be together,
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The silence felt like pressure, something folding in around her—around them. She wanted to know what the woman thought but anticipated some kind of motherly counter-point or maybe even a more visceral reaction, like anger or frustration to bubble up. When that didn't happen she cleared her throat, but didn't speak, and then Bhediya was speaking - calm and measured as she always was, outlining her thoughts.

The question that she posed felt so obvious that Ibis had to stop herself from scoffing openly; she inhaled sharply, then made herself hold the breath for a second because otherwise she'd probably have let her frustration win. The woman explained and Ibis tried to reign in her emotions (as was often her problem as a girl, she needed to be better now, more mature and in control).

Anyone in leadership can accept new members, delegate tasks, and make decisions. That's the point of the counsel. Ibis answered, perhaps a bit too tersely for the moment. She wasn't looking at Bhediya as she murmured this but now she was, glancing over the woman's face and watching her expression carefully. If issues arise, then I will step in. But otherwise—I trust your judgement. Its why I chose who I chose.

That felt as if it was settled. So she moved on - or maybe moved back - to the other topic: So, besides all that, what was on your mind? If I can help with something I will do my best.
Messages In This Thread
and i know we'll be together, - by Bhediya - December 11, 2019, 09:02 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 11, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Bhediya - December 11, 2019, 09:23 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 11, 2019, 09:52 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Bhediya - December 11, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 11, 2019, 10:23 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Bhediya - December 11, 2019, 10:39 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 11, 2019, 11:03 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Bhediya - December 12, 2019, 07:59 AM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 17, 2019, 09:43 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Bhediya - December 17, 2019, 09:59 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 17, 2019, 10:12 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Bhediya - December 17, 2019, 10:24 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 28, 2019, 05:28 PM
RE: and i know we'll be together, - by Bhediya - December 28, 2019, 10:55 PM