Sleepy Fox Hollow Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
There was something oddly comforting about night. Perhaps part of it was that he could rarely sleep through it without being roused by either his mind or the sounds in the wild, but just the same he was always pleased by the calmness of the darkness. The lake that evening in particular was something special; the glimmer of a quarter moon danced its reflection across the little waves. The lapping of each stroke of water on the shoreline seemed to breathe with the two wolves beside it.
The she-wolf offered to let him sit with her, and he nodded once, deeply. He sat, like a common dog asked by its master. He looked where she did, to the water. He listened to it. He breathed with it. Each exhale, instead of a usual troubled sigh, he felt himself relax ever slowly. Calm took thim.
This time, the silence to him felt natural, for it was hardly silence at all. Bat wings sounded on the wind. Fish grabbed at resting flies at the surface of the water. Rustlings from nocturnal creatures in the trees echoed. The two sat there, and though he wished to know more of her, her presence was for the most part enough.
After a very pleasant moment, he spoke again. I'm Taikon, he said simply. I'm.. sorry if I disturbed you before. It was not right to pry. Only after he was finished speaking did he steal a glance in her direction, just for a moment, before returning his sights to the water ahead.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - June 17, 2020, 01:03 AM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - June 17, 2020, 03:26 AM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - August 07, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - October 08, 2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - October 24, 2020, 11:00 PM