Sleepy Fox Hollow Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Thank you for kudos! It means a lot :D

Part of him wanted to keep going, to tell Takiyok what had really happened those years ago. She had enough on her plate, and there was zero chance he would ever let such details slip to a complete stranger, no matter how relaxed he felt around her.
Taikon nodded. It was lonely. He hated it. He had hated life in general for so long that he was surprised he was still here at all. Though he was able to get by on his own hunting and scavenging without support, it was others that he depended on for social interaction. Takiyok's company was a welcome change of pace from his usual evenings. She offered him her sympathies, which he appreciated, though it felt awkward for him to admit that his family had hurt him. This was a rare talking point.
Her gaze as she asked for his reasoning was calm, understanding. Under it, he felt okay sharing a piece of himself. It probably started with that, yes, he said. After I left, I found patterns in the way others live. Everyone seems to have different rules and systems of belief, they've all got their own deal, and at the top there's almost always some asshole or other who makes things that way so he can be in power. Stop, he snapped at himself. He did not want to drive her away with his politics.
Sorry. It just frustrates me because my family isn't the only pack that is like that. I've heard stories like mine before, and I wish things were different. Maybe wolves should just be beyond packs at this point, I don't know. They seem to breed misery, he said. There were wars. There were murders over territory. And, there were those who decided who you could and could not love. On his own, at least he was free from fascism. Still miserable, but free to own that misery, at least.
Taikon felt his ears heat up and his heart rate increase, and he looked down in shame. He couldn't bear to look at her face. He didn't like going off on tirades. It felt almost like someone else was taking over when that happened.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - June 17, 2020, 01:03 AM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - July 04, 2020, 01:39 AM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - August 07, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - October 08, 2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - October 24, 2020, 11:00 PM