Sleepy Fox Hollow Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Takiyok breathed out a sigh before speaking, admitting that her son in fact did not know how she felt. Taikon found this hard to believe, wondering if the son had noticed that his mother was so troubled. Taikon didn't know her at all and had spotted her unrest practically a mile away. If she was like this often, how could he not know something was amiss?
The she-wolf's deception came from a place of goodness and something that looked like selflessness, but the white male knew better. Forcing your own unhappiness for the sake of others and bottling your insanity was a recipe for eventual disaster. He nodded while she described the joy her son felt upon her return to the pack that she despised. Things started to make more sense as Taikon realized her son knew only a drop of the poison that had pushed her away to begin with. The thought saddened him. He frowned.
It probably feels impossible, but I'm sure that leaving won't wound him so badly if he's at all resilient. I assume you're just waiting for what feels like the right time, he said, saying it less like a question and more like a statement, though he wasn't certain. He looked at her, waiting for her to correct him before continuing. Surely you both deserve to be happy, and surely you can be happy separately? He was shooting in the dark a bit here.
The irony was that his own experience with family had been such a failure that he shouldn't have been speaking to any of Takiyok's troubles. She just seemed like a woman who wanted what was best for her son, but also didn't want to be fucking miserable forever. He sighed, wondering to himself, if she can't be happy, what chance do I have?
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - June 17, 2020, 01:03 AM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - August 07, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - October 08, 2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - October 24, 2020, 11:00 PM