Ravensblood Forest hush, lay down your troubled mind
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
for readers: permission given for Saar's joining behind the scenes, as well as Derg's cameo : )

I’m sure it won’t mean shit to you, that I regret what I’ve done to that woman.

Yep, he was right. It didn't mean shit to her. Who gave a fuck about his regrets? And last she had heard from Aiolos, the girl had fled as soon as she could (leaving behind the red warrior to struggle in the fight on the beach, but nevermind that). It was simple, natural, and yet enough to show that kidnapping was an unforgivable crime. Tears and sorrys would heal nothing. And what a field day Huā would've had here, tearing him apart if she knew about the rape- but instead she listened, gaze aglow with something humourous as he went on his self-pity monologue. Some of the gentler companions with her might've scoffed at her evil thoughts, but somehow Huā was comforted by the fact that he had lost everything before- karma, she supposed. He called it a bad headspace as a result of death around him, but somehow she figured he had always been like this: a frothing half breed beast with little regard for life. 

Yeah... that do not mean shit to me, you right. You think all us, She laughed, gesturing to her fellow leaders, You think we not lose anything? You think we all have family? I lose my family, made into slave, when I escape, I make my own pack to fight against people like the one who wrong me. Not kidnap some poor girl. And in this moment, Donovan reminded her of them- the older men who would come to the caves seeking young girls like Huā. She paused, steadied her thoughts, her shaking heart. Scoffed at the man's words of teaching Aiolos a lesson. Of course he attack you, you fucking kid-napper! You think you get peace after holding hostage? She snorted. Did this guy think they'd just take the woman back and let Donovan go free? Scum like him needed to be wiped from the face of the earth; Huā was glad Aiolos had made an attempt at least.

At the words that he would leave, she breathed a sigh of relief, audible. 

At his final words, she grinned, satisfied with the prospect that he might leave. Good, I not want hear any more of your excuse. Poking my nose where it do not belong? Funny... maybe next time you also, will learn not to be violent idiot. It very unwise to make enemy with large pack with great allies, you know. She murmured, and though she spoke of Yuèlóng specifically at this time, such a phrase could describe any one of them, now or in the future. They had come to her aid now, and she and her warriors would likely come to their aid in return- and Donovan was truly a fool, if he thought his army could ever take on three, four, five packs- no matter how 'savage' they were. 

When he turned tail, Huā cooed, Bye bye, Donovan. The quiet wolf that had wrapped itself around him at some point still lingered, and Huā spat, Fuck off. Assuming the stranger would scurry back into the forest, Huā turned to her wolves, victorious smile fading into something serious. And the girl who smelled of the Empire- late, but nevermind it. Just the fact that she had made the journey meant much. There was still something to be said here- Huā was unsure that the hurdles were truly over. Even if Donovan followed his word and moved, there was no guarantee the other packs, the further ones, would be safe. And so Huā awaited their words, knowing that in some ways she was in their debt, and obliged to help with whatever future issues might arise.
Messages In This Thread
hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Huā - July 06, 2020, 01:24 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Mal - July 06, 2020, 01:35 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Ira - July 06, 2020, 02:38 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Hieronymous - July 06, 2020, 06:09 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Lumiya - July 06, 2020, 04:28 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Simmik - July 06, 2020, 10:01 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Huā - July 07, 2020, 02:13 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Ira - July 07, 2020, 02:30 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Mal - July 07, 2020, 08:17 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Hieronymous - July 08, 2020, 01:03 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Lumiya - July 10, 2020, 08:05 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Simmik - July 10, 2020, 01:52 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Derg - July 10, 2020, 03:25 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Saarthal - July 11, 2020, 10:04 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Huā - July 12, 2020, 02:08 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Mal - July 12, 2020, 08:53 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Ira - July 15, 2020, 01:38 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Hieronymous - July 19, 2020, 02:56 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Simmik - July 29, 2020, 02:49 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Huā - July 30, 2020, 03:11 AM