Redsand Canyon oeuf.
194 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Her suspicions are correct about the man and his people. The way he speaks of it, it is merely a difference in lifestyle - sort of like arguing against wearing a mask during a pandemic. He's all about freedom and doesn't care who he hurts along the way. A selfish creature. He sounds more like a warmonger than a true leader, arrogant to the extreme and lacking mercy. She should be more careful. This is the kind of person the crones warned her about in her lessons; the kind that take what they want - and should they want blood, it is best to stay out of their way.

The shift of the man's voice in to the realm of insincereity is somewhat grating to her ears, and utterly unneccessary, as Stryx has already made up her mind about him. She did so when they'd first met, while she had been busy washing the blood of one of his victim's out of her coat. He may not have been the beast that maimed Praimfaya but he was open to that violence and facilitated a space where it was welcome. He was just as much at fault as the perpetrator. But again, Stryx knew she was no warrior herself, nor any form of guardian. Her role was to mend, and she knew to keep her opinions to herself.

So why roam, Stryx? He questions of her, going on to try and pitch her the idea of staying in a desolate place such as this, with these beasts he calls his people.

It takes effort not to scowl. Her usually stoic expression darkens slightly, offended by the suggestion, but remains level-headed.

I doubt you will find anyone capable of filling herbal caches here. It is too dry, especially now in the warmer season. They would have to range far to obtain anything of use to you. But then again, that did appeal to her current lifestyle; hearing herself, she was surprised that she was even vaguely entertaining the concept. My oaths prevent me from alliegance. I cannot dwell in a single place and still persist with tradition.

Stryx doubted this made sense to him; he did not appear to be invested in any sort of traditional values. Perhaps instead, you and your people should try not getting yourselves bloodied in the first place. But she huffs softly at this, presuming it is futile to suggest they show more mercy and restraint going forward.
Messages In This Thread
oeuf. - by Stryx - July 15, 2020, 05:34 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Kynareth Deagon - July 15, 2020, 07:56 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Stryx - July 15, 2020, 08:03 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Kynareth Deagon - July 16, 2020, 11:29 AM
RE: oeuf. - by Stryx - July 16, 2020, 01:55 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Kynareth Deagon - July 16, 2020, 06:33 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Stryx - July 16, 2020, 06:58 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Kynareth Deagon - July 17, 2020, 11:19 AM
RE: oeuf. - by Stryx - July 21, 2020, 04:14 PM