Redsand Canyon but the room is so quiet
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
:-,( bye finley...i love u even if renard is a little bitch. godspeed

whatever the saints became would not be a mirage. renard expected nothing but what loomed, visible, ahead – and that was little other than blood. it was very likely now that donovan would never be worthy of their respect, even if he magically woke up tomorrow with his shit in order.

eventually someone would take it from him. it might be mutiny as much as it might be his own death. he’d made enough enemies for it, after all. but either way held promise.

they could respect finley’s reasoning, at the very least. she wasn’t wrong.

and she didn’t intend to do anything about it, so what did that matter? she wasn’t here offering her own hand to wield their proverbial blade.

she wasn’t facing them when she spoke, the volume of her voice betraying her words. not that it mattered. their smile, now, was more teeth than anything friendly, invisible in the dark.

“more than you’ll enjoy your freedom, i’m sure.” she’d been desperate enough to come to the saints for something, hadn’t she? an empty promise was still a promise: now she didn’t even have that. “i’ll be seeing you.”

more immediate things demanded their attention. renard didn’t bother to watch her leave. the saints weren’t her concern anymore, and finley wasn’t theirs: they turned – away from the mountains, back to the narrow cage of the canyon walls – and vanished into the rain.

Messages In This Thread
but the room is so quiet - by Finley Grebe - August 01, 2020, 04:39 PM
RE: but the room is so quiet - by Renard - August 01, 2020, 05:24 PM
RE: but the room is so quiet - by Finley Grebe - August 01, 2020, 10:47 PM
RE: but the room is so quiet - by Renard - August 02, 2020, 12:08 AM
RE: but the room is so quiet - by Finley Grebe - August 02, 2020, 01:15 AM
RE: but the room is so quiet - by Renard - August 02, 2020, 04:58 PM
RE: but the room is so quiet - by Finley Grebe - August 03, 2020, 11:44 AM
RE: but the room is so quiet - by Renard - August 03, 2020, 02:20 PM
RE: but the room is so quiet - by Finley Grebe - August 03, 2020, 10:48 PM
RE: but the room is so quiet - by Renard - August 04, 2020, 01:41 AM