Firefly Glen I know that I'm rich enough for pride
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Lumiya remained largely shrouded in mystery, then, and it seemed like being lost was a reoccurring theme in her days. Antares answered with a thoughtful, slow nod. Maybe she had not known her faerie queen for long, but it was not like the situation he came from--his superiors were his parents, his uncle. Just as it had been for as long as he'd been around enough to be aware. So.. that was what he considered the standard, generally. Hence the curiosity.

Anyway, she accepted his offer, so he would have to make good on it--though it wasn't exactly what he planned to do on his way here. As she moved closer, he let her come before he started on. A walk wouldn't hurt. That he was not going to disagree with. Alright. There's a stream near, too. Antares mentioned, supposing he could guide them there. Izumi was here at a good hour, though. He liked the nights here best, finding the glen eerily peaceful sometimes.

Why he felt compelled to share this place with her was one thing, but he had nothing to lose. He could find out more, he supposed, and really didn't mind seeing her--despite being such a stranger. They didn't need to skirt any closer to the mountain's boundaries, especially now with him to guide. So are you trying to head home eventually? Or are you still looking for something? he asked, guessing she knew the right heading to go in vaguely enough, and honestly--this was not it. She was so far from home and he was looking for a way to say how'd you get so lost to be here? Maybe there was something she needed out of it, however. He was open to consider that. Or do you need to be lost right now..? he asked, tilting his head at her with a hint of a smirk, letting it be up for interpretation what he meant. Antares was close to home so didn't feel the need to explain what he was up to anymore than he had already, not without prompting--he assumed it was obvious.
Messages In This Thread
I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 22, 2020, 03:16 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 22, 2020, 04:09 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 22, 2020, 06:10 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 23, 2020, 11:44 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 26, 2020, 09:57 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 29, 2020, 12:39 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - October 01, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - October 02, 2020, 12:49 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - October 25, 2020, 07:21 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - October 29, 2020, 09:25 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - November 20, 2020, 09:35 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - November 21, 2020, 02:40 AM