Firefly Glen I know that I'm rich enough for pride
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
He was grateful he knew where he was. Barely any attention was needed for where they were going as he steered an easy route, though nature already had its suggestions--Moonspear hunted here a lot, and their prey wove trails of their own. A stranger's company, and one promising a curious history, seemed far more worthy in the instance. But all the same, it soon became clear to him why she had wandered and why she needed the peace of this land to help mend her.

What she mentioned, the want to disappear, warranted a lingering glance--feeling, perhaps, there should be some anecdote on his tongue about this. Did he relate? Not exactly, but Something in him understood. Antares couldn't fault for such a notion, and instead, wondered more.

It detailed further from there. That kept him quiet as he stepped down the path. So very close to his own family, to find them dead would be a terrible, grave wound. Rage would be only the beginning. He couldn't imagine what it would drive him to do. If needing to feel lost was the worst of it, then that was probably almost coping. This managed a slow, small nod as that all set in. I see why you'd need to find somewhere peaceful then.. he replied, a more measured tone than before, but he wondered of her pack--what they thought of her absence. Did they worry for her? And, would a similar outcome come for her had she stayed? Was there a cause to his end that could tie into her own? Some distance from a fate like that can't be all bad.. he tried to offer for his sympathies, abstractly. Still.. sorry to hear about your kin. At least you are not the same, he offered. She lived, where he had lost his chance. Do you think your pack is concerned? he asked. About death in their neighborhood, seemingly, and her absence.

Whatever the case, maybe the glen could help her mend or clear her head at the very least.  With this all in mind now, he was given a hint of reason to further justify not chasing her off earlier. She could pass through, and maybe heal a little in the meantime. Her timing (evenings were his favorites) was too good to not.
:D it's all good with me! worth itttt
Messages In This Thread
I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 22, 2020, 03:16 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 22, 2020, 04:09 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 22, 2020, 06:10 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 23, 2020, 11:44 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 26, 2020, 09:57 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 29, 2020, 12:39 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - October 01, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - October 02, 2020, 12:49 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - October 25, 2020, 07:21 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - October 29, 2020, 09:25 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - November 20, 2020, 09:35 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - November 21, 2020, 02:40 AM