Hoshor Plains a glass of chardonnay with ghosts
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Wraen's answer left Ibis with a lot to think about. She was glad that some part of her family had continued to exist within the wilds, even if it was an estranged aunt, and was pleased to hear the way Wraen spoke of her connections. It was very much like Ibis' ties to Reiko and the wolves of the Empire when they had first settled; she thought of the Emberwood too, of the many friends she had made and the family she had tried to build there. They were not so very different.

I led a pack for a year up in the Hinterlands, Wraen went on to say. Ibis was not familiar with any place like that, but it sounded like Wraen had been happy there for a while. Unfortunate that she had to leave over a petty dispute; but then again, people came and went through Ibis' life very quickly so she couldn't really judge.

If you stay here on the plateau you can meet my husband, Akavir. Maybe... If you wanted, you could stay a few days? It would be lovely to hear about all of your travels and adventures, and I would certainly love to hear any stories about my father. Ibis offered this openly, her voice bright and inviting, her smile hardly changing. But I understand if you would rather move on too. I know it can be hard to keep all your loved ones together and safe. Sometimes it requires a change. No harm, no foul.

Come to think of it, Ibis had not seen her husband in a long while, so she wasn't even sure if Akavir was upon the plateau at this point; she hoped so, as this was the last place the family had been together. Ibis was thoughtful for a moment, listening if Wraen responded to her question in whichever way they desired—and then absent-mindedly commented, I suppose with winter on its way we - my family - should think about settling somewhere.
Messages In This Thread
a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Wraen - October 18, 2020, 07:08 AM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 19, 2020, 12:24 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Wraen - October 20, 2020, 01:44 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 27, 2020, 09:15 AM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Wraen - October 27, 2020, 10:58 AM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 02, 2020, 03:10 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Wraen - November 03, 2020, 02:14 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 15, 2020, 04:02 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Wraen - November 15, 2020, 04:14 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 15, 2020, 04:24 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Wraen - November 17, 2020, 06:25 AM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 22, 2020, 04:28 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Wraen - November 24, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 25, 2020, 11:14 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Wraen - November 26, 2020, 04:06 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 01, 2020, 11:54 AM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Wraen - December 07, 2020, 03:31 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 10, 2020, 10:24 AM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Wraen - December 12, 2020, 02:42 PM
RE: a glass of chardonnay with ghosts - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 22, 2020, 12:52 AM