Whitewater Gorge The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay
The sounds of the other approaching were drowned out by what seemed like water-filled ears. In all honesty, if she hadn't come so close there was a chance she wouldn't have even noticed the adult. She did though. A shadow loomed over her drawing fearful eyes to the woman that now stood towering over her. She could feel her breath caress the fur along her neck, a sensation that drew the hairs along her nape up in defense. NO—! The one-word response was practically screeched as Hotaru unknowingly answered the other's question, but to her, it was a warning.

For a moment she found her footing, leaning away from the hovered paw as she took a few steps back before tripping over her own paws and landed on her rear again. Her chest burned, heated by the rapid beating of her heart against her ribs. DON'T TOUCH ME— Her gaze frantically searched the plains, crushed to see no other figure in sight thanks to the tall grass. She had left Haruki's side— her first mistake.

This wasn't him, she could tell now that she had a longer chance to stare, but it didn't fix the pain. Her lungs still burned. She gulped a few ragged breaths as her ears pinned back against her skull, a desperate attempt to make the flashing images go away. Deep down, Hotaru knew there was no danger. He wasn't here. He couldn't be here. He was gone. Forever. Yet that fact brought no comfort, not right now at least.
#DDA0DD speech, #66cc00 singing, pawprint, Hotaru's Playlist  4/5* 4/5*, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Hotaru - October 22, 2020, 04:58 PM
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Hotaru - October 22, 2020, 11:54 PM
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Haruki - November 07, 2020, 11:33 PM
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Miriam - November 08, 2020, 02:36 PM
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Hotaru - November 08, 2020, 04:33 PM
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Haruki - November 12, 2020, 07:38 AM
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Miriam - November 12, 2020, 01:25 PM
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Hotaru - November 13, 2020, 01:30 AM
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Haruki - November 13, 2020, 04:18 AM
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Miriam - November 14, 2020, 05:53 PM
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Hotaru - November 14, 2020, 06:06 PM
RE: The Scars on My Mind Are on Replay, R-Replay - by Haruki - November 21, 2020, 01:02 PM