Nova Peak Skeptic
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Taikon felt confused by all of it. He wasn't sure what his friend would say. He wasn't even sure what he would say to himself if it was him in her shoes. So he sat, feeling unsure and exposed at all of the pieces he had given her. It was as though he had been holding a very interesting set of poker cards, hiding the hand from everyone. Now that he showed them to only her, he somehow expected her to say "PLAY" or "FOLD" and move on.
The reality of the situation was much more complex, and she followed with words that he expected. She spoke of Mahler, not Wylla, and said that he would merely reject the notion of the Rusalkans being trustworthy entirely. He nodded, knowing that she was probably right. Though he didn't know anything about their friendship, Takiyok had known both Mahler and Wylla far longer than he had. Just because he didn't trust their judgment didn't mean she was in the same boat.
She looked away. She didn't know what to think, just like him. He was about to interject, and opened his mouth, but she told him of her history with the pack. What she said sounded painful, and he frowned, looking down toward his paws.
Takiyok asked if he knew whether the black-faced one was still a leader. To be honest, he didn't know. I don't know. Rosalyn is brown, she is the scarred one. She said that she and her wife lead, but I don't know what her wife looks like, he answered, shaking his head. He followed quickly after, not allowing her to interject.
Look I don't know if I can trust what they say either, and I'm not asking you to trust what they told me. It's just... Taki you can't possibly want to bring war to a pack that has done us no harm. It's ridiculous. If what they're saying is true, and I'm not even saying it is, us being hostile toward them will just invent what we fear. Your memories of this "black faced" bitch will be repeated in a different person, Taikon expressed, the hair at his shoulders flaring from sheer emotion. It all seemed like some ridiculous fucking charade and he wanted no part of it, but he knew that Takiyok had experienced real pain with the Rusalkans of the past. He didn't know if they were even the same people.
He did know that people don't change, but packs do. Changes of leadership were common. The Rosalyn he met did not seem to want anything bad between them. If Sagtannet pushed for war, they would certainly receive it.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
Skeptic - by Taikon - November 19, 2020, 09:53 PM
RE: Skeptic - by Takiyok - November 19, 2020, 10:30 PM
RE: Skeptic - by Taikon - November 19, 2020, 11:14 PM
RE: Skeptic - by Takiyok - November 19, 2020, 11:56 PM
RE: Skeptic - by Taikon - November 20, 2020, 12:24 AM
RE: Skeptic - by Takiyok - November 20, 2020, 01:28 AM
RE: Skeptic - by Taikon - November 20, 2020, 02:14 AM
RE: Skeptic - by Takiyok - November 20, 2020, 02:42 AM
RE: Skeptic - by Taikon - November 20, 2020, 05:19 AM
RE: Skeptic - by Takiyok - November 20, 2020, 10:22 PM
RE: Skeptic - by Taikon - November 21, 2020, 12:35 AM